Which router bit?

I need to cut a groove into the ends of a small section of in place Hardwood flooring to accept the tongue of a perpendicular board. My mind is on strike and rather than look at pictures of router bits for a couple of hours I thought I would ask you guys for the name.
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_tongu.html
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_tongu.html
That will work, but this may be easier if I'm reading this right http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/bt_slot.html
If you got a bunch to do, get the router bit as planned (I assume you already have a basic router table). If it is just one or two boards, just clamp it in a vice and use a hand saw to cut the slot freehand. We're talking about a slot only 2"-3" long right?

Colbyt wrote:

That's likely to be a problem. What you really need is a slotting or T&G bit...problem is, many of them have a bottom bearing held on with a nut and you wouldn't be able to cut a slot where you need it without taking up the boards. You can get T&G bits without bearings but then would have to rig a way to guide same along the edges at the proper distance from the edge.
--

dadiOH

Actually, if you look at the third bit down in Edwin's MLCS link, (the "Top mounted bearing slot cutter"), you'll see that problem solved.
Why not just cut the tounge off ? Colbyt wrote:

I think Edwin's link with the top mounted bearing is the winner but Thanks to all.
I an picturing framing an old floor furnace opening that will be used as a return air grill for a new HVAC system. Someone botched the job years ago and I have lived, actually my tenants have, with an unsightly section of 2" scraps for the last 25 years or so.
I prefer to leave the tongue on to insure a tighter fit and to minimize movement.
Colbyt