Which Paint Mixer?

I've had a couple of paint stirrers. Neither seemed to work real well. Which design do you think works best. Here are a collection from Amazon http://tinyurl.com/yjqqalc I'm only interested in the one-gallon size.
The "Turbine Paint Mixer" (top of page 2) is my latest one and it seems to work better than my earlier one, but when I run it near the bottom of the can I never see the surface of the paint move.

The best one I have in my collection is a wire kitchen whip with the handle removed. Just insert into drill a whip away.
You have to be real careful when you go to pull it out or "specs are U".
Colbyt
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:57:11 -0500, jim evans

Are you spinning it the right way? It looks like you could empty a can with a bit too much speed on the drill. Are there directions that say which way it should turn? My instinct would be to pull the paint off the bottom of the can.
My latest is the "Warner Tool Co 10330 Hurricane Electric Drill Paint Mixer" on the first page.
I like the "Goldblatt G15420 4-Inch Spiral Paint/Mud Mixer" for 5 gallon pails- and I've used it to mix mud on occasion. a bit of work for my 1/2 drill-- but easier on the wrists than mixing by hand.
Sometimes I enjoy just mixing up a gallon with one of those flat plastic paddles with the holes in them. http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid 2
Truth be told- you can probably do just as good a job with a piece of hanger
Jim

For 1 gallon a stick, a mixer you have to clean, if you cant mix it by hand you are not strong enough to paint.

I use a slitted CD on the end of a threaded rod I hapened to have handy. Heated the cd to make it shaped like propeller blades, put it betwen two washer and two nuts, mixed several gallons with it, then threw it away (the cd, not the threaded rod) . will make another one when I get the painting urge, or if my wife does.
ransley wrote:

You've obviously never tried to mix a 20 year old can of oil based paint, but don't let reality get in the way of your sniping.
Jon

The Red Devil is my favorite. You just have to be careful with it, and it does make a mess. It is also hard to clean, and you must do it right after use. Still have to power wash it occasionally. Really gets the 5 gal. cans moving, though.
Steve
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:46:10 -0700, "Steve B"

I see 3 Red Devils there--- ones a squirrel cage, another looks like a fan and then there's the 'paint & mud mixer'
I'm a fan of the 'paint & mud' job, but haven't used the other 2- which one do you like?
Jim

I have two of the squirrel cage ones. I couldn't find one, so I got another............ They are great on 5 gallon buckets, but the OP asked specifically on 1 gal. cans. I have used them on one gallon cans, but you just have to be careful.
Steve B, the real one.
jim evans wrote:

I like the Home Depot version of the Hyde Mfg. 43420.
--- ---