Which lube for lamp sockets?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 04:18:42 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I would first disconnect power at fuse box. Remove bulbs and brush threads in lamp with a stiff toothbrush to remove as much grime as possible. I would then squirt the brush with electronic contact cleaner and brush the threads again. Most likely you have a layer of oxidation that is adding friction to the fit.

Best stuff to use is DeoxIT, www.deoxit.com. Dissolves oxidation and corrosion, lubricates and protects surfaces. Bunch of places carry it, including RadioShack, Fry's and others. Mike
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Vas-o-lean