Which holds staples better - OSB, Particle Board or Plywood?

Quick question about using plywood sheathing;

What would hold 18 guage narrow crown staples better, OSB, particle board or regular plywood?

The price is similar and I'm not talking about that many square feet so that's not the issue. I'm just wondering which would have a better grip on the staples.

Reply to
Stellijer

I agree with Edwin's ranking. Go Edwin, it's your birthday.

So, is that the RANK you're assigning to how well they hold light guage staples?

And according to this you feel that particle board is one of the worst such materials... :-)

Reply to
Stellijer

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 19:24:09 -0400, "Stellijer" scribbled this interesting note:

Overall, comparing identical thicknesses of "wood" plywood holds better.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

DIRT holds staples or nails better than particle board.

Reply to
JerryMouse