Which end of a 2x4 is the top?

Page 4 of 4

the answer is simple whichever side is facing up is the top at HD the tops are the huge warps that are at their highest point.
|I just bought a bunch of 2x4s to build a partition wall in the | basement around our washer and dryer. I was ready to start building | the wall when I realized that Home Depot forgot to label the 2x4s so I | know which end is the top and which is the bottom. It figures Home | Depot would forget to put the "top" arrow on them. I thought I'd save | a few bucks going to Home Depot, but next time I'll go to a real | lumber store. | | Jerry
070107 0531 - Rick posted:

an arrow on each of them going the same way. When you have finished this project, take a look at all the arrows, and all those that are marked with an arrow pointing toward the top are the ones that have the arrow pointing toward the top.
Hope this helps...
indago wrote:
- Lay all your 2 x 4's side by side on the floor in your basement. Then, draw- - an arrow on each of them going the same way. When you have finished this - project, take a look at all the arrows, and all those that are marked with - an arrow pointing toward the top are the ones that have the arrow pointing - toward the top. - - Hope this helps...
I think it be better to stand them on top of each other end upon end. That way the top of each one would have to be touching the bottom of the next one. Just make sure you start with the bottom of the first one on the ground.