Which end of a 2x4 is the top?

Not necessarily true. Usenet does not guarantee delivery of postings so a reader may be coming into the middle of a thread. Also, people don't always continuously subscribe to newsgroups so they may have missed earlier postings. You may have read all the postings in a thread but that doesn't mean everyone else has.

Reply to
Everett M. Greene

The occasional droid who's jumping in in the middle of the thread, or who can't keep track of a conversation from one minute to the next, is perfectly welcome to scroll down and look for context.

No reason why everyone else should have to read along with him.

Reply to
Goedjn

Irrelevant. I wasn't the one doing the bottom-posting after excessive quoting.

More of that @#$%! argument. What I'm against is irrational BS against ANY position. This has nothing to do with my position (which was arrived at intelligently, not through BS).

I never do what you (mistakenly) call an argument. Apparently that's what you want. you're not getting it here.

You snip meaningful stuff that doesn't fit your delusions.

Time to end this subthread.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd