Which color caulk?

White enamel tub, almond tile.
Looking for what color caulk to use where the tile hits the tub.
Almond color caulk is the *exact* shame shade and gloss as my tile.
Or there's white caulk.
Then there's the color caulk that the grout comes in, but it's not 100% silicone.
What say you?
Jon
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:54:49 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Almond

What say SWMBO ??? If it applies....If not , flip a coin if it doesn't matter to you....White is probably cheaper....
Oren wrote:

That was kind of my idea too, Oren. Thanks for letting me know I'm not too far out of my tree.
Jon

Wassamatta? Any good DIY'er would simply stripe it.
Steve ';-)

Whatever you use, put a dab on some scrap paper or something. Make sure it skins in 30-45 minutes. Many have been burnt by the caulk that wont cure.

My nerves are shot. I take meds that cause me to be so nervous that I can hardly hold a fork sometimes. I did a terrible job the last time I did some calking. I have seen a TV commercial where there is a little squeegee like thing that makes the calking look very easy. Anyone try one?

No , but I've often wondered about them myself...The finger gets a little raw sometimes...LOL...

I bought one, but like you, my hands shake so bad that I kept dropping it. A little duct tape fixed that, and they work reasonably well.
Steve

Just tape it. Takes time but always came out really good. Be sure to pull the tape off ASAP. Once it starts to skin it will look like crap when you pull the tape. Not like I do a whole bunch of it so what's a little taping to get it really decent. OK so not so pro-ish. Never claimed to be.
Red Green wrote:

They (GE) have a new (Si2) forumla out now for K/B. Stuff skins over quickly; they say it's water ready in 3 hours (a bit too soon for me, though).
I'm pretty sure it's in response to all of the complaints. It now has a very slight acetic scent to it, so I'm guessing they juiced up the old Si2 forumla to help it flash more reliably.
Jon
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:54:49 -0800, Jon Danniken wrote:

Almond, I think. It's easier to get a nice line against the bath than against the tiles, so something that blends in with the tiles will look neater.
cheers
Jules
Jules wrote:

Ah, thanks Jules, that makes good sense.
Jon
On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:44:46 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Yes. It makes the transition 'easy on the eyes'.
On Dec 31 2009, 9:54pm, "Jon Danniken"

Just make sure it's mold resistant. If not, color won't matter because it will look nasty in a few years. Odds are you'll wind up with original GE silicone MR type in white. The acetic acid smell is indicative of the curing process, and can be encouraged by presence of moisture helping it to skin over quickly. Good luck.
Joe