Which chiansaw?

I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or less, and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm considered Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have about 150 trees, probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA

Reply to
Phisherman

You found the best ones. Choose by which dealer is best for you and start cutting.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Stihl

Reply to
colt Steele

I've owned my Stihl for over 20 years and it still cuts fine.

m.

Reply to
Michael

I bought a Stihl MX 210c a year and a half ago to replace a

20-year-old Homelite. I like the Stihl quite a bit -- I've used it four or five times, most recently to cut up a 35-foot mature crabapple tree that blew over in the wind. The saw is a nice size for a homeowner, but powerful enough for some real work.

At first I had some annoying trouble getting it started when cold without flooding it, but once I learned the trick it works perfectly and starts right up (choke it full and pull once only, then choke it half and start it. Ignore the instruction booklet). Adjusting the chain is easy, getting the gas and chain oil caps on and off with gloves on is easy. I hate the safety brake, which seems bogus to me, but they all come with that and I use it.

Now if my old aching joints and back were as good as the saw....

Reply to
Tom Miller

snipped

We have to prune our farm every year and we buy Echos. My husband thinks they are the very best. After 16 years, he still believes in Echo.

aloha, Thunder smithfarms.com Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Reply to
smithfarms pure kona

When I buy a chainsaw, the one on the left usually turns out to be the best choice.

Reply to
Matt

I've got a Homelite, PS-33 home owner model. Bought it reconditioned at the wholesale club. I'm quite pleased with it. bit under powered, but it does saw wood. I use it about once a year, and have a lot off fun.

They had a work project at my church's girls camp last summer. Put a tank and a half of gas through it, and about that time the chain th rew off the bar. Got to remember to c heck chain tension with gas fillups. I was walking back to the truck about the time someone else threw a chain, so I don't feel so bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Phisherman

because you never

- A -made a living selling firewood

-B- chopped up a couple cords of wood in a afternoon

Reply to
rnr_construction

Besides, the ax is lighter, and easier to swing. What's that noise?

(those are two punchlines from ax/ saw jokes)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stihl and Husqvarna. i bought the husqvarna and found it to be a good saw. i wore it out building the log cabin. then we bought the Stihl and it has been a reliable saw (used for firewood cutting). we have an old poulan for the around the house jobs (stumps and general abuse).

Reply to
robson