Where to put the electrical box.

Hi,
I need to install a ceiling light, right where there is the 1x that you can see in this picture:
http://freeboundaries.com/Light.jpg
So where can I put the electrical box, or can the connections be made inside the light (It would be in the space between the drywall and the fiberglass insulation on the light - doesn't sound compliant, does it?)?
Many thanks in advance!
Aaron

If you are only using that existing two conductor cable to feed the light, a pancake box should suffice and can be mounted on the wood. Bring the cable into the box from behind using a button Romex connector.