Where to get teeny-tiny screws

I needs some little bitty wood screws: No. 1 by short (1/4", 3/8") in *steel* (or stainless). The only ones I can find this small are brass (available locally at a couple places down to No. 0!). Anyone know where to find such things?
Already checked Small Parts, MicroMark, McMaster, etc., etc. Google gives a fucking mess: screw mfgrs. from Lahore, India, bogus "blogs" with no information, clueless clockmaker sites with no information, etc., etc.
--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

http://www.micro-mark.com

http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx specializes in wood fasteners.
--
Don Phillipson