Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

Page 6 of 9
On 7/25/2016 5:28 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

[snip]
, that obnoxiously loud potato-potato-potato noise,

Before we get too far adrift here (and if anyone really cares) perhaps Henry could step in to define "Bikers." I initially thought he was talking about motorcycles, but his comment about the "bikers" accusing him of knocking them off their bike. . .
Are dealing with bicyclists or motorcyclists, Henry?
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 8:02:43 AM UTC-4, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

What do you think?
According to Henry...
"The police came by because someone called them saying I was illegally blocking the road (they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't - I simply told them to turn back and they didn't). "
If these were motorcyclists, even the most passive of riders, I doubt that they would have just picked up their motorcycles and rode off to find the police.
Henry would have to be one mean looking, crazy acting dude to first off be able to knock *them* off their motorcycles and then to have them to just pick up their motorcycles and ride away.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 07:22:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, I'm not all that mean looking, especially with two young kids at my side when the bicyclist (mountain bikers) refused to turn back.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 07:02:40 -0500, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Mountain bikers. Bicycles. Very dusty bicycles since the trail is 5 miles from the nearest road on the one end of the private road. :)
On 7/24/2016 1:03 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

Water over the dam perhaps, but did you consider contacting the county highway engineer, explaining the problem you're having and asking him to review and perhaps come up with more appropriate signage?

That has the potential of having the county engineer explain "No, it is not a private road." Some people around here hang private road signs as a bluff.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 14:32:55 -0600, rbowman wrote:

It's most certainly a private road, but, the police were called by a biker who refused to turn back who said I accosted him and knocked him off his bike (I never touched him or his bike).
The police said that their maps don't show it as private, but, that it is marked private only at the entrance and that in order for them to arrest someone, we need to sign it according to California Penal Code 602L, which basically says we need signs at the entrance and exit and along the borders and along the road at a density of at least 3 per mile.
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group 001-01000&fileY4-625c (L) Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence, belonging to, or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated or unenclosed lands where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than three to the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails entering the lands without the written permission of the owner of the land, the owner's agent, or the person in lawful possession, and any of the following: (1) Refusing or failing to leave the lands immediately upon being requested by the owner of the land, the owner's agent, or by the person in lawful possession to leave the lands. (2) Tearing down, mutilating, or destroying any sign, signboard, or notice forbidding trespass or hunting on the lands. (3) Removing, injuring, unlocking, or tampering with any lock on any gate on or leading into the lands. (4) Discharging any firearm.
It seems that 602N may also apply: (n) Driving any vehicle, as defined in Section 670 of the Vehicle Code, upon real property belonging to, or lawfully occupied by, another and known not to be open to the general public, without the consent of the owner, the owner's agent, or the person in lawful possession. This subdivision does not apply to any person described in Section 22350 of the Business and Professions Code who is making a lawful service of process, provided that upon exiting the vehicle, the person proceeds immediately to attempt the service of process, and leaves immediately upon completing the service of process or upon the request of the owner, the owner's agent, or the person in lawful possession.
On 07/24/2016 04:54 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

I suggest you make sure it is legally a private road. You can call it anything you want but if it's a public road you're just blowing smoke.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 20:07:34 -0600, rbowman wrote:

Heh heh ... it's private. There are a whole bunch of ways to show that, but the police map can be fixed so I'll call the county tomorrow to figure that one out.
I don't know *how* they determine such things, but, the cops did drive down the whole road, and they kind of said that we should put up signs just so that we don't get sued by people using it and getting hurt.
So, if it were maintained by the county, it would sure be in much better shape! :)
On 07/24/2016 09:08 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

If you don't know *how* they determine such things, you'd better find out post haste.
https://www.hcn.org/articles/note-to-politicians-dont-mess-with-fishing-access-in-montana
One of our current gubernatorial candidates fucked with something he didn't understand and got burnt.
Henry Jones posted for all of us...

Yeah, Harry we got all this the first time you posted it.
Spend some time and order the signs and move on to the next crisis.
--
Tekkie

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 13:10:49 -0500, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

The police came by because someone called them saying I was illegally blocking the road (they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't - I simply told them to turn back and they didn't).
The cops said that their maps don't show it as a private road, but, that it sure looked like one to them (I think that was an insult!). :)
They suggested we follow California Penal Code 602L for signage which we are not currently following:
http://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-602.html http://www.mysecuritysign.com/california-no-trespassing-signs http://www.shouselaw.com/trespass.html
" (l)Entering any lands under cultivation or enclosed by fence, belonging to, or occupied by, another, or entering upon uncultivated or unenclosed lands where signs forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than three to the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails entering the lands without the written permission of the owner of the land, the owner's agent, or of the person in lawful possession, and "

Are the bikers on motorbikes or bicycles?
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 6:56:02 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Think about it.
Earlier in this thread Henry said: "they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't..."
What would be the safe assumption to make based on that statement?
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:47:22 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

How do you know what order I read the posts in, if I red that post at all?

What are you, my SAT tutor? (not that I studied for them)
Henry can answer the question for himself, and he did.
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 10:33:15 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Why would you read posts in any order other than the order they were posted? Had you followed that standard, you wouldn't of had to waste your time asking a question that had already been (essentially) answered, nor wasted Henry's time by having him answer it (again). Henry's busy knocking people off of their bikes; he doesn't have time to answer questions for people who don't bother to read posts in a normal manner.

How'd that 600 work out for you?

That's because Henry's a nice guy...nice enough not to have said "If you had read my earlier posts, you'd already know the answer to your question.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:18:45 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

I got 1540 out of 1600.
On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 12:14:47 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Assuming that's true, it's just further prove that standardized tests don't evaluate common sense.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:55:58 -0400, Micky wrote:

Mountain bikers.
Very dusty mountain bikers.
No road bike would make it the five miles of thorny California scrub that it takes to get to the next paved road.
An ATV could make it, as could a pickup truck; but not a street bike (certainly a dirt bike would have no problem - but I've never seen a dirt bike on that trail ever).
On 07/25/2016 11:07 AM, Henry Jones wrote:

Where do you live? I'll fix that right up.