Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

Page 5 of 9
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:18:54 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Wow. Take a look at this! http://www.indiopd.org/pdf/Trespassing_Requirements.pdf
It's *incredibly* hard to get someone arrested for trespassing!
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:18:54 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Everyone but the post office will take gate codes. All the utilities will also (e.g., propane is what we all use).
The whole gate problem hinges on the post office.
On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 11:08:55 PM UTC-4, Henry Jones wrote:

Well, one could say that the whole gate problem hinges on those who refuse to move their mail boxes.
On 7/25/2016 1:32 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Well, one could say that the whole gate problem hinges on those biker/hiker assholes who do not respect private property and think that they are somehow better than everyone else because their chosen activity is righteous.
On 7/24/2016 8:18 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

And Sunday deliveries are handled by USPS under contract.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 22:31:05 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

And Amazon does deliver now. They delivered something to me on a Sunday when I wasn't in a hurry, didn't ask for it, and would have been happy with Monday or Wednesday.
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:00:58 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Really? *Amazon* delivers? Did the truck actually say Amazon on the side? Interesting.
Oh wait..maybe they used one of the Amazon Drones we've been hearing so much about. How cool was that?
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:51:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Yes, really. What do you think I said it for.

It wasn't a truck, it was a white or cream colored car. It might have said amzn** on it, on a magnetic sign, or maybe nothing.
**But I might have only seen amzn in the tracking. when Amazon delivers, the tracking says amzn.
And I talked to the driver and he said he worked for Amazon. Satisfied now?
How this goes with what the mailman told me, I'm not sure. Maybe two separate situations.

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 11:31:58 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

No, not really. However, if you tell me that you live in one of these areas, I might be:
Los Angeles San Diego San Francisco San Jose Oakland Seattle Chicago Dallas Austin Phoenix Philadelphia New York metro area

On 07/24/2016 09:08 PM, anonymous wrote:

Yah, Team Bezos has a lot of amazing accomplishments but to get the USPS to deliver on Sunday is incredible.

I think it was my mailman who told me the Sunday drivers use their own car, wear no uniform, and are part-timers, just hired for this.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 07:02:24 -0400, Micky wrote:

That's not our local rural post office for sure.
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 7:02:27 AM UTC-4, Micky wrote:

Not in my town, at least not the "use their own car, wear no uniform" part.
I can't speak to their employment status (part vs. full) but they sure dress like USPS employees and they get to drive those red, white & blue right-hand drive trucks.
On 07/25/2016 07:02 AM, Micky wrote:

Not sure about the uniform or employment status but here Sunday deliveries are done with official USPS Grumman LLVs.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 21:08:34 -0400, anonymous

Amazon? To get a woman warrior to stand there all day would probably be expensive.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:03:04 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

These are good ideas, and we've thought of a few others over the past few days as neighbors wandered by our local roadblock:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9GFo0Q.jpg
1. Put up a gate, with good signs, but leave it open. 2. Same as above, but make it a proximity open. 3. Make it open at the time the post office arrives. 4. Put *one* mailbox outside the gate and have it open whenever *that* mailbox is opened (and stay open for, say, 1/2 hour to allow egress) 5. Close the gate only on Sundays etc.
Everything really hinges on the post office who won't do gate codes.
On 07/24/2016 09:09 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

Can you say 'cluster box'?
https://about.usps.com/publications/pub265a/pub265a_006.htm
It's what people who really live on private roads around here use. Large parcels are left in bigger lockers and the key is left in your mailbox.
On 07/24/2016 11:09 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

Maybe use an audio signature where any motor noise and the gate automatically opens.
However, that obnoxiously loud potato-potato-potato noise, unique to a douche bag on a Harley, would keep the gate locked.
On 7/25/16 3:58 AM, Ted wrote:

You might be surprised at the folks who ride Harleys. Farmers, lawyers, and people that belong to groups like Bikers for Christ. Some are baby boomers that missed out on riding when they were younger. Better the Harley sound than the rice rockets that sound like they're turbine powered. You probably won't see "kids" riding a Gold Wing or HD trike. New ones can run in excess of $35,000.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 05:28:31 -0500, Dean Hoffman

Harleys are made in York, Pa., not far from here, and they give tours. Though not on the weekend which is when I'm usually in or near York.
I think the tours are 20 or 30 dollars!!