Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

Page 4 of 9
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:16:35 -0600, rbowman wrote:

Through my title company, I traced the road back to the fifties and sixties, where it was just a trail. There are easements only for utility companies whom I'm in contact with - so this is progress.
In addition, I am in contact with the park service (although this must be their vacation week because more than half the calls come back saying they are out on vacation).
Both the utility company and park service are willing to work with us, so, we're making great progress moving forward with consistent signage.
I'm now realizing my entire approach was wrong to block the road in that it's not the most effective way to getting the point across that trespassers should not trespass.
The correct approach is: a. Sign the road b. Correct the maps c. Get all affected parties involved

We have Knox boxes on the road gates at the trail entrance.

I don't have a lot of money so I'm hoping my main cost will only be for the signs, which will cost me around $1,000 (give or take) and where my neighbors "may" pitch in (I'm not asking them to since I'm only going to sign my land and I'll let them volunteer their land for signs.)
On 07/27/2016 11:16 AM, Henry Jones wrote:

Okay. There are some trails around here where you'd swear you're walking into the guy's backyard for a barbecue. I mean you literally walk down next to the driveway and garage and keep on going to the public land. The trails were there before the residential areas and they're still there. They can be tricky to find unless you're coming off the public lands.
On 7/27/2016 8:55 PM, rbowman wrote:

What part of Montana do you live? My son is heading there on business in the next couple of weeks and he's never been there before.
--
Maggie

On 07/28/2016 01:19 AM, Muggles wrote:

Isn't that where Brokeback Mountain is?
On 07/27/2016 11:19 PM, Muggles wrote:

Missoula. He'll never make it out alive... We got wolves, we got bears, we got white nationalists, we got $tarbuck$. We also got trees; if there's no trees he made a mistake and landed in Billings.
On 7/28/2016 8:39 AM, rbowman wrote:

No kidding? I'm pretty sure that's the city he's going to ... Can I email you to get more first hand info? Probably be better to discuss via email than here.
--
Maggie

On 07/28/2016 08:50 AM, Muggles wrote:

Have at it.

Ygm
--
Maggie

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 00:04:12 -0400, Micky wrote:

You're losing your credibility.
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 04:58:30 -0000 (UTC), Henry Jones

Really? Didn't the previous owners and the other current owners allow it? Why?
On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 02:26:38 -0400, Micky wrote:

It was never allowed.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:47:46 -0400, Micky wrote:

That's a crazy question. Let's say I bought a house with a leak in the pool or the fence in the wrong spot.
Am I never supposed to fix that leak or move that fence just because the house came with the leak and fence?

Huh? Where are you going with that.
All the signs are on my property, and they have been there since the beginning of time (from my perspective).
The entire property is mine, so, I can change any sign I want that isn't in the county ROW. But that's not the point because I am expressly asking the county of they'll put up the required signage for us (I'll let you know if they agree).
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:09:53 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I don't understand your question about having an "address sign" for the place. The drive serves a handful of homes only but there are trails at the end that a lot of bikers and hikers use that skirt out back behind people's property (all in private land). Eventually it connects to a public park, so most of the traffic is people coming from the public park in the opposite direction of cars which would be going down the road just to 'explore' it (since it's a dead end of only about 1/2 mile long).
There "is" a standard-looking street sign, put up by the county, at the junction with the public road and a 30x30 amber rectangle (mounted with the points up and down and to the side) saying "No Through Traffic".
I was thinking of replacing the No Through Traffic sign with a "No Public Access" sign, but the back of the sign has a sticker saying it's a county sign and that it's a criminal offense to remove the sign.
install a remote controlled gate, operated by a garage door opener control. install a touchpad for access if someone doesnt have a remote.
or install a vehicle detector, if it senses a vehicle it sounds a alarm and flashes some strobe lights......
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:10:09 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

The problem is the post office. The people at the end of the road want to keep their mailboxes at their houses. And I don't blame them.
If it wasn't for the post office, it would be a lot easier.
Henry Jones explained on 7/24/2016 :

<<<CAUTION>>> THIS ROAD IS DOWNRANGE OF THE LOCAL RIFLE RANGE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
On 7/24/2016 8:32 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Welcome to Joe's Bee Farm Tours by appointment only. For your safety, please keep windows rolled up while visiting our farm.
On 7/24/2016 3:29 PM, Henry Jones wrote:

I would suggest you put a gate (sure, there is the cost).
Most bikers and hikers will be there on the weekends. The post office does not deliver mail on Sundays, so no problem with a gate on Sundays. You will likely know the approximate time of mail deliveries on Saturdays, so stake it out and open the gate for the mail carrier. Once delivered, you can leave the gate closed.
On 7/24/2016 9:03 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

One word: Amazon
On 7/24/2016 6:08 PM, anonymous wrote:

Amazon doesn't deliver. FedEx and UPS do. And they are happy to take gate codes.