Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?

Maybe use an audio signature where any motor noise and the gate automatically opens.

However, that obnoxiously loud potato-potato-potato noise, unique to a douche bag on a Harley, would keep the gate locked.

Reply to
Ted

Yah, Team Bezos has a lot of amazing accomplishments but to get the USPS to deliver on Sunday is incredible.

Reply to
Ollie

Well, one could say that the whole gate problem hinges on those biker/hiker assholes who do not respect private property and think that they are somehow better than everyone else because their chosen activity is righteous.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

You might be surprised at the folks who ride Harleys. Farmers, lawyers, and people that belong to groups like Bikers for Christ. Some are baby boomers that missed out on riding when they were younger. Better the Harley sound than the rice rockets that sound like they're turbine powered. You probably won't see "kids" riding a Gold Wing or HD trike. New ones can run in excess of $35,000.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

At least some of them were lying. Private drives sound like interesting places to look. How many homes are on this one?

Just you? How long is it? Can they see your house from the road? From the start of the drive? Do you have a lot of trees? Hills?

And why do you think that will help? And people will drive on it and rub it off eventually.

Dunno,

I think you'd be better off getting an additional sign, in the same style as the first one if you care about that part of esthetics, that would say something like, "Private property. Nothing worth seeing. Please respect our privacy" That's what would have an effect on me.

I drive up private drives, especially if they go to more than one house and no one will know for sure if I'm invited or not. If it's only one house, I usually stop before they can see me. The last time it was not marked as private and it was a whole n'hood of 20 houses, but all the roads were dead ends, one route in and the same route out. My goal is to drive down every street in the world. This road was nowhere near 18 feet wide. It was too narrow to turn around without driving on the grass, so I went to the end and up a driveway where there was a lot of space in front of the garage. His house was farther back than the neighbors so I could see their back yard. The woman waved at me. I waved back.

But I didn't go over to talk to them. I drive a nice white convertible and the top is usually down when I do this; I don't look threatening, I look like a friend of one of their neighbor,s and indeed, I don't do any damage.

A lot of the time if I see it's a one family drive, I turn around before I'm visible from the house.

Another time there was a state rep who was in the paper for not living in his district like the law requires. He claimed he was living over a commercial building within the district, on a very busy street. I didn't believe it, but later he had a fight with his wife and daughter and appears to have r eally moved out of the house. I didn't get that close to his original house, but it was a very charming road, part of it 100 years old and part of it new. Not private and not marked as private. I didn't go up his driveway.

I doubt if anyone has ever noticed me any time I did this.

Reply to
Micky

You knew all this stuff existed when you bought *your* house, right? Is it right to interfere with them now, when they've been using this for such a harmless purpose?

Even if it didnt' have that sticker, you knew it wasn't YOUR sign, and yet you were thinking of removing it to put in your own. Are you so different from those who drive down your road when they shouldn't?

Reply to
Micky

I don't view trespassing as harmless.

Are you saying that once an unlawful activity starts, it should never end?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Are the bikers on motorbikes or bicycles?

Reply to
Micky

Amazon? To get a woman warrior to stand there all day would probably be expensive.

Reply to
Micky

And Amazon does deliver now. They delivered something to me on a Sunday when I wasn't in a hurry, didn't ask for it, and would have been happy with Monday or Wednesday.

Reply to
Micky

I think it was my mailman who told me the Sunday drivers use their own car, wear no uniform, and are part-timers, just hired for this.

Reply to
Micky

The most expensive one I see there is $46.

Reply to
Micky

Harleys are made in York, Pa., not far from here, and they give tours. Though not on the weekend which is when I'm usually in or near York.

I think the tours are 20 or 30 dollars!!

Reply to
Micky

What is the harm here?

Where would you get that idea? I only referred to harmless activities.

Reply to
Micky

[snip]

, that obnoxiously loud potato-potato-potato noise,

Before we get too far adrift here (and if anyone really cares) perhaps Henry could step in to define "Bikers." I initially thought he was talking about motorcycles, but his comment about the "bikers" accusing him of knocking them off their bike. . .

Are dealing with bicyclists or motorcyclists, Henry?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Think about it.

Earlier in this thread Henry said: "they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't..."

What would be the safe assumption to make based on that statement?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Really? *Amazon* delivers? Did the truck actually say Amazon on the side? Interesting.

Oh wait..maybe they used one of the Amazon Drones we've been hearing so much about. How cool was that?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What do you think?

According to Henry...

"The police came by because someone called them saying I was illegally blocking the road (they said I knocked them off their bikes, but I didn't - I simply told them to turn back and they didn't). "

If these were motorcyclists, even the most passive of riders, I doubt that they would have just picked up their motorcycles and rode off to find the police.

Henry would have to be one mean looking, crazy acting dude to first off be able to knock *them* off their motorcycles and then to have them to just pick up their motorcycles and ride away.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Here's another California cite:

Per PC 553 repeats that the required keywords are: "Trespassing-loitering forbidden by law

It seems also that "Private Road, No Trespassing" can also be used.

Reply to
Henry Jones

Mountain bikers.

Very dusty mountain bikers.

No road bike would make it the five miles of thorny California scrub that it takes to get to the next paved road.

An ATV could make it, as could a pickup truck; but not a street bike (certainly a dirt bike would have no problem - but I've never seen a dirt bike on that trail ever).

Reply to
Henry Jones