where to get large philips #3 screwdriver bit?

Most philips #3 screwdriver bit (for cordless screwdriver) I found has the same diameter as a philips #2 bit. It seems for some reason the tip of the bit cannot be made wider than the shaft. The result is that the #3 bit does not fill up the entire slot in a screw, and is therefore prone to slipping out during tightening.
In a manual philips #3 screwdriver, the tip diameter is larger than a #2 screwdriver and fills up the slot on the screw nicely.
Where can I buy a larger #3 bit? Do I have to resort to cutting off my hand screwdriver's tip for this purpose?

Most B.Box should have 'em, look harder Try Drivecore, tractor supply, or fastenal...... I have made a few custom tools.....in my time. regards, sky
John wrote:

John wrote:

Look in the contractor supply section of the big box store.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Just dub off about 1/16-1/8" of the tip and it will sit lower in the flutes. John wrote:

John wrote:

Get an ACR bit. They have little ridges on the sides of the bit to grab the screws better. If you can't find them in a store order them here: http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?sidH9&clearance You can also get them from snap-on http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=all&Group_IDq7&store=snapon-store
A little pricey but saves money & time in the long run from stripped screws.
John wrote:

Do you have a 3/8 drive socket adapter for your screwdriver? If so, then just get a #3 phillips socket, which usually comes with 3/8" drive.
If your screwdriver has an adjustable chuck that goes large enough, the handheld impact drivers that go for 25 bucks or so generally have a #3 phillips, but the shank won't fit a regular hex-drive replaceable tip screwdriver.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate