Where to get ceramic tile in smaller quantities?

Hi,

I'm having a hard time. I would like to put up a ceramic backsplash in a playroom. I wanted to buy 4" tile in bright solid colors and randomly use the colors. I thought of using four different colors around the desk. My problem is that everyone here in Vegas wants to sell me a box of 90 tiles for each color (i.e. 360 tiles) where I really only need a box of about 25 of each color to cover the wall. This is not including the bull-nose tile which I found I can buy one at a time. I see that Home Depot and Lowes have a few color choices but they really are not the vibrant colors I was looking for. Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to order this type of tile in the quantities I was looking for (online or catalog)?

Thanks for the assistance.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Maybe use what you need, and eBay the rest?

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'm wondering whether a craft store such as Michael's would have what you want.

MB

On 07/20/04 02:29 pm Chris put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Tell the tile distributors you're looking for odd lots or leftovers, they will sometimes have them. Or see if they know tile companies using those tiles and visit them on the job.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Here in Phoenix there are smaller tile stores that sell end of lots. You might have to buy from several different places to get what you want.

Reply to
SQLit

Buy all white tiles.

Craft stores sell the paint for ceramics . It comes in all different colors and you can also mix them to get the shade or color you want. Some need to be baked at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes. Some you just air dry. And if you want them washable put a coat of clear poly on them. The baked ones are washable without the poly.

Pat.

Reply to
Pat