Where to get Bentonite clay (Home Depot? Target?)

Snipped but restored: "Well, I was only going to write about the slate, but I got carried away:"
I could put a sig that says "When you get bored stop reading" but the sig would be at the bottom anyhow, so it woudln't do you any good.
mm wrote:

I, for one, was thoroughly mesmerized by your tale, especially the part about the South Pacific.
Thanks for that.
Jon
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 05:14:10 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

You're welcome. Thanks for posting.
replying to mm, Beb wrote:

Lol! Funny story story! Lighten up people:)

Actually I figured anything about girls and sex would interest a lot of the people here.

HDYKT?
Joe wrote:

HTYNTAHT
Jon

OMIGAWD! I've poured thousands of pounds of it down a feeder tube into drilling mud. Pallets and pallets of it. It is used in drilling operations, and for lining ponds. Google it, and perhaps you can find a source for small amounts.
I never ever ever realized in my lifetime I would actually see someone trying to find some when we had tons of it laying around. Nasty black slick as snot bentonite.
Steve
LM wrote:

here's the ones i take:
http://shop.vitadocs.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&product_id 4
Steve Barker wrote:

http://shop.vitadocs.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&product_id 4

Contains "purified bovine bile" ......EEEEEWWWWWWW

They mine it out of the ground off Hwy 212 (Ho Chi Minh Trail) in South Dakota.

Why do they call it the Ho Chi Minh Trail?

Perhaps you were too technical for them.
I went in HD looking for unglazed quarry tile. No one had a clue. I said, "they're a reddish color". The guy said, "Oh, they're right here". I don't know if they are, in fact, "quarry tile", but the guy said, "them Mexicans use it in their ovens". Bingo!
Try asking for "that clay stuff". ;)
nb
replying to LM, Terrence wrote:

Even though this is a 5 year old thread I'll go ahead and post for anyone that might have the same question.
You can get small quantities online or at some stores in the health section with names like "Indian Healing Clay" or "Death Valley Clay." Many people use it for skin problems due to mineral content.
Aside from using the cheapest non-scented cat litter you can find and crushing it, you might find some at farm supply or pet food stores as it is often used for making animal food pellets. It can also be used as drilling mud for well drilling or for soil treatment.
Because it is also used as a refractory material for furnaces or for foundry work you can find giant 100 lb. bags at industrial furnace, foundry, or boiler companies. Even though you don't need 100 lbs. an entire bag might only cost $20 or $30. After all, it's only dirt.
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:44:02 +0000, Terrence

If you have a well drilling company around I bet they will give you a coffee cup full for free.
On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 18:44:02 +0000, Terrence wrote:
Bentonite is also useful for poison oak and poison ivy prophylactic protection.
replying to LM, Calamitygirl wrote:

WALMART has it! Order on line.
replying to LM, longtimehomeowner wrote: https://shop.naturalwaterscapes.com/pond-sealer-bentonite /

Just ask the anthrax mailers...
(there were claims the 2001 anthrax spores were adulterated with bentonite. Don't ask...)
On 8/6/2016 9:14 AM, longtimehomeowner wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Bentonite-Drilling-Foundation-Waterproof-Grouting/dp/B010IL7ZUS