Where To Find Miniature Block & Tackle?

I have seen small 4 to1 block and tackle rigs in the past, but now I want one and can't find them. I'm not just talking small, I'm talking SMALL. Where the blocks are 2-3 inches high and the rope is about the size of clothesline cord. They have moderately small ones at the local boat store, but they're too big and too expensive. The blocks are about 5-6 inches tall and they cost almost $200 and they'll hoist something like 1000 pounds.
I'd like to be able to lift as much as 200 pounds, but will settle for 100. The boat store also had blocks that were the right size and, using them, I could make one for about $100, but it wouldn't have a stop (a pinch device that lets you clamp the rope at the preferred height. The small ones I remember only cost about $25 and had the stop.
The big box stores either don't have them or don't know they have them. Anybody know where I can find one of these things?
jim
jim evans wrote:

Try the hardware stores, I have seen them. You might also want to try Harbor Freight, that sounds like a product they would have. It will look a lot larger in the photo they use. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

home depot in the rope section.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:05:59 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

Not the one near me.
jim
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:34:43 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@xnet.com (David Efflandt) wrote:

Sounded like a good lead, but I checked about 4-5 online hunting supply places with no luck.
jim
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:57:15 -0600, jim evans

Correction. I think I've found one at the local Acacamy store.
jim
Middle of the page unde wire stretcher:
http://www.stockyardsupply.com/page4 /
Check your local farm supply store for similar if you don't want to order via the web...
Good luck...
Darwin

Or check sporting goods or hunting store. They have pocket (or pack) size block and tackle for lifting wild game up to 500 lb.
Go to a place that sells windsurfers.