Where to find info on ice maker problems

Hi,

No model# posted....but it might be a module style icemaker...if it is this may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

try this. Installation instructions, trouble shooting, and even parts listings

MadonnaC

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator that is just over a year old and the ice maker has stopped making ice. Is there a place to find any info on removal and repair? Id like to take the unit out and inspect it but have never removed one.

The unit had some ice in it and looked to be in the process of depositing it, but stopped. When I checked it a few days later, that ice was gone. I removed the little plastic cover on the front that exposes the "gear" which says "do not manually rotate". I didn't rotate it but did notice that when I pressed on it toward the back of the refrigerator, it seemed to rotate a little at a time, and sometimes water would try to fill it, but overflowed. Other than that, I cant say much else about symptoms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Brian O

Reply to
Brian O

Thanks for the link. Here is the model number ED5NHGXNT00 B.

Reply to
Brian O