Where to Find...

USPS mailbox specs. ? Our brick mailbox was just destroyed & I am replacing with a steel post unit and am having trouble finding the specs. for them. (height of box, how far from road, etc.) Anyone here know where? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

You just have to know how to put is a search word to find what you want. This is from

Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

JW Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

HTH

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

We just put up one from Architechtural Mailboxes. Lots are available on the Internet by Googling "locking mailboxes."

I had some fun when some young rowdies playes "mailbox baseball" with my thin tin one. I went and bought a brand new shiny one. I lined it with

3/8" plate steel, and sectioned a pipe that fit the top coutour. I mounted it on 3" sch40 pipe down into about 3 sacks of concrete. I covered the post with four one bys and mounded dirt over the concrete. Nice. New. Pretty. About three days later I had one slight dent running horizontally the full length along the side. Someone had made contact. REAL GOOD contact. The box got about one new dent a year after that, I guess when a new crowd got their driver's licenses. Finally, someone attatcked it with a car. Pieces of grillwork, headlights and turn signals were all over the place. They hit it pretty good. It fought a valiant fight, but ended up a few feet down the road. I picked it up, put a couple of more one bys on it and stood it back up solid. I moved shortly later.

I always wanted to see someone who hit it just to see what happened.

steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

I appreciate all the answers but, this link was the first place I looked and unless I'm missing something, it has no specs. as to how high or how far from the roadway...it just states: Subject to state laws and regulations, a curbside mailbox must be placed to allow safe and convenient delivery by carriers without leaving their vehicles. The box must be on the right-hand side of the road in the direction of travel of the carriers on any new rural route or highway contract route, in all cases where traffic conditions are dangerous for the carriers to drive to the left to reach the box, or where their doing so would violate traffic laws and regulations.

Which leaves a lot to the imagination or to a persons interpretation. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

Your state DOT will have the specs..

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored

Al

Joe:

J > USPS mailbox specs. ? Our brick mailbox was just destroyed & I am replacin

J > with a steel post unit and am having trouble finding the specs. for them. J > (height of box, how far from road, etc.) Anyone here know where? Thanks,

Call or go to the local post office and ask them.

  • Rejected Band Names: Goyz II Mensch
Reply to
barry martin