Where to buy sliding door hanger bracket ?

Hi

I have couple of sliding doors left over from a remodel and want to hang them in the garage to hide a messy shelving unit. However I can't find the metal bracket to hang the sliding doors on. The doors have wheels at the top and bottom. The originall hung from a metal bracket whose profile (side view) looked like this

------------------- | | | | | | | | | / \ | | / \ | |/ \|

The wheels of the sliding door rested in the V and took all the weight. I need 20 ft of this. Home Dumpo doesn't have it - they have a entire kit for hanging doors which looked flimsy.

Any ideas what kind of store would carry this ? I stay in bay area, CA and would prefer local.

Regards Debjyoti

Reply to
D P

(snip)

If you can live with 2 side-by side rails that make the same profile, any metal shop that makes custom ductwork should be able to make up sticks for you on their metal brake. This isn't a barn door, after all, so the thicker gauges of galvanized should be thick enough. Basically just a sheet metal L with the long leg folded over. If the doors are light enough, they could even put the mounting flanges on the outside. But before trying that, I'd try a commercial steel vendor that advertises selling bar and rod stock. They may have something close enough to work.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

Thanks, will try that.

Reply to
D P

Your lucky day. My new Blaine window catalog came today. I think the closet door by-pass track may do the job for you. Check at Lowes or HD first and look where the door and window hardware is stored or call Blaine at 1-800-678-1919 to get a catalog. Blaine does have the replacement track for the rollers at the bottom of glass doors. Lowes may not have that.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Wow. Custom metalwork for re-used doors in a garage seems a little extreme. I bought a sliding door kit for about $20 at a lumber yard here (NYC) a few weeks ago. It comes with a top track, the rollers for

2 doors and a small guide "clip" for the floor. It was very easy to install.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G

For tracks, hangers, brackets, etc. look at:

Rich