Where to buy replacement hardboard lap siding?

Where can I buy replacement hardboard siding? I need to replace a few pieces on my house. I tried Home Depot, Lowes, and some contractor lumber yards with no luck finding the type on my house.
dw

Might help as a start to know what type is on your house you're looking for...
Try the manufacturers like Georgia-Pacific, Weyerhauser, Masonite (are they still independent, I don't know any longer?), etc., etc., and see if you can find it as a product, then find distributor for the product. Much of the old hardboard has been discontinued, however, so may not be available.
If larger full-service lumber yards were unable to help, that's probably a sign, unfortunately.