Where to buy PVC lumber

I am sure I have seen the guys on "This Old House" use lumber made out of PVC instead of wood. I want to buy a piece of this kind of lumber that is one inch thick, 12 inches wide and 24 inches long, or something I can cut to this size.
Where can I buy what I want? Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"
Daniel Prince wrote:

Hmmm, They use something like that for deck building.

Are you refering to something like Trex?
Daniel Prince wrote:

Here's a few links:
http://www.trex.com/Default.aspx
http://www.xpotentialproducts.com/home.htm
http://www.xpotentialproducts.com /
Here's a link with a lot of info and links.
http://www.reedconstructiondata.com/companies/15912 /
TDD
On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:13:14 -0800, Daniel Prince

You can get 5/4 decking at Home Depot but it is only 5 1/2 wide. I suppose you could cut off the rounded over edges and joint 3 together to get a piece 12" wide. Epoxy sticks to this stuff fairly well. Put some biscuits in there and you would really have something

Check with your local lumberyard (not the big box stores). If stuff that size is out there, they will have a source.
Harry K
Daniel Prince wrote:

Home Depot carries it.
--
Van Chocstraw
DanG wrote:

Yes, I think this is the material the OP was looking for, PVC trim boards, not the HDPE / wood composite decking boards.

Try Cope Plastics or similar sources for PVC and other sheet materials (Yellow Pages). Certainteed offers architectural PVC moldings of many types. If you need wider than stock PVC sheet, it can be effectively glued with standard PVC plumbing cement. HTH
Joe