where to buy KraftMaid kitchen cabinets?

Hi! We're remodeling our kitchen and need your advice! We decided to put Kraftmaid cabinets (price/quality combination seems decent) and got a quote from HomeDepot. I wonder if there any online dealers that can beat Home Depot's price or it's not even worth looking? I contacted one of online stores (buycabinets.com), they said that although cabients will probably end up being cheaper, freight (to St. Louis) will be higher, so total will be more than HD. Any ideas if it's worth shopping around online and if so, where to look? Thanks!!!
| Hi! We're remodeling our kitchen and need your advice! We decided to | put Kraftmaid cabinets (price/quality combination seems decent)
mistake 1 quality they are not
and | got a quote from HomeDepot.
mistake 2 quote from HD
I wonder if there any online dealers that | can beat Home Depot's price
probably not unless you take that quote to lowes and get 10% OFF
or it's not even worth looking? I | contacted one of online stores (buycabinets.com), they said that | although cabients will probably end up being cheaper, freight (to St. | Louis) will be higher, so total will be more than HD. Any ideas if | it's worth shopping around online and if so, where to look? Thanks!!!
look for something that is made out of wood and not particle board. undermount full ext. drawer slides 6 way adj. hinges dovetail 4 sided drawer boxes
wrote: | >Hi! We're remodeling our kitchen and need your advice! We decided to | >put Kraftmaid cabinets (price/quality combination seems decent) and | >got a quote from HomeDepot. I wonder if there any online dealers that | >can beat Home Depot's price or it's not even worth looking? I | >contacted one of online stores (buycabinets.com), they said that | >although cabients will probably end up being cheaper, freight (to St. | >Louis) will be higher, so total will be more than HD. Any ideas if | >it's worth shopping around online and if so, where to look? Thanks!!! | > | Well, Lowe's sells them too... but you'll get better cabinets, and better | service, buying Schrock or Merillat,
THESE ARE ALSO CRAPLY MADE.
or, if your budget will take the strain, | Bertch.
BERTCH HIGH END CABINETS ARE PARTICLE BOARD
| | KraftMaid's customer service leaves a lot to be desired -- as does their | quality control. On a recent job, I was installing (among other things) a | KraftMaid corner wall cabinet with bi-fold doors on each side of the corner -- | took them *five* tries to get me two good pairs. One arrived with the | hinge-mount holes misaligned, so the door wouldn't hang straight. Another | arrived an inch and a half too narrow. Yet another arrived broken -- in an | undamaged package. And one time they sent two right-hand doors instead of a | right and a left. The order was shorted several pairs of hinges; it took three | phone calls to resolve that.
You can probably guess one brand I won't be | buying, or recommending, again...
MERRILATT, KRAFTMAID, SCHROCK, BERTCH,
I LIKE AN ALL WOOD BOX 4 SIDED DOVETAIL DRAWER BOXES 6 WAY ADJUSTABLE HINGES FRAMELESS STYLE CABINETS (can't buy those from the large mfgs.) HAND RUBBED clear finish
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/where-to-buy-KraftMaid-kitchen-cabinets-203203-.htm designer1 wrote:
dingodog snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

------------------------------------- ,__o _-\_<, (*)/'(*) I do know of a better way to shop for kraftmaid cabinets. or any other manufacturer for that matter.
visit www.KitchenGraphicsAndDesigns.com
they help you create a floor plan, and provide you with a shopping list of all the cabinets, mouldings and accessories. With that list in hand, you can go to any cabinet dealer, and accurately get a quote knowing that you're comparing apples to apples.
They'll sell you Kraftmaid cabinets and ship to your home.