Where to buy gas control valve for Lennox furnace??

Valve is for natural gas furnace in residence. The valve was manufactured by general controls. The serial number for the valve is B57RBA605. model number of furnace is g8-137t-1a. Thanks.

Reply to
robertmaasjr

Call the local Lennox dealer, and bend over. This ain't pretty....Lennox ain't cheap.

Reply to
RS

That's why I'm buying it on the net.

Reply to
robertmaasjr

And if the problems *not* with the valve, no one will take it back....

Good luck. Have your wife call the fire department and put them on stand-by.

Reply to
HeatMan

How many ya want? BTW, prices went through the roof Jan. 1 this year.....got to love those overpriced parts..even on the internet... Lennox thinks now that all parts, even wholesale, are plated or made in gold.

I did a quick internet search, and someones getting rich..seriously...those valves while high, are not as high as some list the replacement valve for...and just so you know....Lennox is one of the worst when it comes to selling to non tradespeople...tradespeople have a hard time buying parts if the are not a dealer now...and yes...that just changed this year too.

Reply to
CBHvac

thanks for the information. I could not find this valve or it's replacement on the net. I looked for itt general controls.

Reply to
robertmaasjr

paid $436 canadian to have allan mechanical replace gas valve. they charged $289 for valve and 119 for labour. labour and profit obviously hidden in part price because people are happy to pay for parts b/c they think they are getting them at cost.

Reply to
robertmaasjr