Where to buy Compressor Oil, 30W ND

Can anyone tell me where can buy 30W ND (Non Detergent oil) in SFO? I have been to HD, Lowes, Kragen, Pep Boys and almost every auto spare part store and cannot find any Non-Detergent oil. The closest oil I can buy is at Sears, they sell

20W (and it may not be ND). I remember O'Relly in the Midwest do sell Shell 30W ND oil in their stores.

Thanks

Reply to
John JJ

I have no idea specifically, but one those must carry oil specifically marked "compressor" oil instead of looking for ND motor oil?

If no retail, try the industrial supply folks in yellow pages...

--

Reply to
dpb

Tractor Supply Company (TSC).

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Back in the days when I used to have a compressor that used Anderol 500, I got it from the Ingersol compressor dealer down the street. Sometimes the answer is the most obvious.

I would expect a compressor company to carry any kind of oil used in a compressor. I used to get my activated alumina and activated charcoal from them as well. We were filling scuba cylinders.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thank you Rob and everyone too, the good news, TSC do supply them and the bad news it's more than an hours drive.

.

Reply to
John JJ

Sears used to carry "compressor oil" in the tool department. Obviously, a compressor shop would have it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I think I've seen at least one brand of 30wt API SA-rated motor oil at Walmart recently. I think you can also use API "SB" motor oil (if you can find it)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Home Depot has it. They carry Ingersol Rand air compressor oil in the tool department.

Reply to
DT

NAPA Auto Parts is where I get mine. I may be wrong, but I think the 30W at O'Reillys is a detergent oil. The stuff from NAPA is definitely ND (I just checked to make sure).

Now if somebody can tell me where I can buy 20W ND ...

Reply to
T. Rex

Nope, they stop selling them. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
John JJ

Yes, they sell 20W compressor oil, but no indication if it's "Non-detergent" oil. Was there this morning. Thanks

Reply to
John JJ

I called up and they told me they have 3Qt left, and immediately buy all three Qt, that should last me a few years. I did ask if they have 20W Non-Detergent oil, yes they have.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Reply to
John JJ

walmart has it.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I've seen the result of tests of using ND oil in an automobile engine. Cuts engine life in half.

I question the mfg in requiring it in their compressors.

I've not seen any foaming in the other oils.

Reply to
valvejob

DOH?

--

Reply to
dpb

good point. we always just put the same ol' straight 30 in the compressor that we are running in the fleet.

Reply to
Steve Barker

You might wanna go to this site and read something very interesting..

John JJ

I've never seen a recommendation to use detergent oil for a compressor. Unless it says it is, you should be quite safe.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

napa,wallmart tsc have 30w nd oil and oil marked 30w compressor oil, same thing i think. tractor supply has 20w nd .

ds549

Which one of those opinion links would you like me to read. ?

Reply to
Steve Barker