Where to buy a Kenmore plastic refrigerator bin?

Our fridge is about 5 years old. A bin broke; JB Weld fixed it for about two days. I guess we need a new bin.

Any idea how to get one? I expect Sears sells them, but also expect they are much cheaper some place else. Thanks.

Reply to
jack

"jack" wrote in news:OHUck.38389$ snipped-for-privacy@fe113.usenetserver.com:

You need the model number off of the frig plate.

I've successfully used PVC cement (for plastic plumbing drainpipe) on some plastic parts since it welds the plastic vs trying to glue it. Obviously if the plastic is PVC it has the best chance of success.

Reply to
Red Green

Try any appliance dealer or some on-line places.

comes to mind. You won't find them at a typical home center though. If you know what the real brand is, you may do better finding a dealer of that brand rather than Sears.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sears is usually Whirlpool Try

had the best prices on ice makers for my WP/Sears.

Reply to
gfretwell

I found it for between $76 and $88. I am not sure if it is PVC, and with the epoxy on it already PVC cement probably won't work. But for $76, I will try epoxy again. Maybe the epoxy will stick to epoxy. God, $76 for a plastic bin?!

Reply to
jack

The bin can be repaired easily, but you have to use the right adhesive, not the exact wrong one, such as JB Weld, other epoxies, or super glue. Get some clear PVC plastic pipe solvent weld, which will dissolve the PVC slightly and fuse it back together. But first remove the existing epoxy by peeling it off with your finger or a razor blade or by applying brake fluid. Brake fluid will not attack PVC at all but will dissolve many other substances, including paint (be careful).

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

"jack" wrote in news:gnWck.49756$ snipped-for-privacy@fe107.usenetserver.com:

Is it white or clear?

If white, maybe you can fix it with a "Bandaid" from the bottom if that's where it's broken and you won't see the patching. Get a strip of plastic (PVC hopefully). Bridge the break either lengthwise or Bandaid style using the PVC cement.

Note: - If drawer was in frig let it warm up to RT and so it's totally dry. - Stuff sets quick within seconds. Once it sets it's fused and there's no moving it. - Before gluing anything, make sure the thickness of the Bandaid does not interfere with the drawer operation.

Reply to
Red Green