Where the wall meets the carpet

The house is being remodeled. Carpet and tack strips were torn up last week.

I removed the molding along the walls in the living room. Now it's time to put it back.

I notice that in other rooms, the molding is not completely down to the concrete slab, but sits up about 1/2-3/4 inch. Is this a standard measurement?

Should I put it down now, or will the carpet installers take all moldings off and put them back after laying down the carpet?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

Put it down now. If it is small baseboard (2-1/4" to 3-1/2" tall), then raise it off the floor by about 1/2". If it is taller, you can put it right on the floor.

The carpet guys are going to do nothing but put in the carpet and mark up your baseboard with their tools. Be prepared to do some touch up on the finish.

Reply to
Robert Allison

This question comes up repeatedly in these two newsgroups, amongst others. You're saying that you Googled, and checked the groups tab and didn't find your answer?? That's very odd - I found lots for the first search term that popped into my head: baseboard carpet raised.

RicodJour

Next time, leave the molding alone. It doesn't need to be removed for flooring or wall finishing.

Reply to
DKid

If you are reinstalling carpet leave it up off the floor (like it was). The carpet installer will thank you. Carpet goes over the tack strip then tucked under the base.

Reply to
calhoun

Thus spake DKid:

Had to. Sheet rock work, etc.