Where should smoking be illegal?

Page 7 of 16
On 6/5/2016 6:13 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I'm offended. It's that simple.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

So what? I'm offended that other people eat meat, but I don't go around saying they should all be jailed.
On 6/5/2016 7:07 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

It's how things work, now days. I'm offended, so everyone has to change.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Do you think this way is right?
On 6/5/2016 8:41 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

I'm a constitutional conservative. Have to lampoon the loony liberal left, now and again.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/5/2016 2:15 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

> what they can do to THEIR OWN

If such was in force when I was growing up, I'd sure be a lot more healthy. And I would not need to wear hearing aids every day due to multiple ear infections.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That's between you and your parents, and nothing to do with any other person on this entire planet.
On 6/5/2016 6:13 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

In the new Democrat world, if one person is offended, the rest of the world has to change.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Offence should never cause anything to happen ever.
Sat, 04 Jun 2016 16:25:39 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

The fact I actually had to break it down totally ruined the sarcastic aspect. I don't believe for a nano second that you didn't 'get it' concerning the meaty parts of my post. You suffer from selective ignorance on a variety of topics. I've observed it for sometime now, actually.
So, what does Jenn have on you?
On Sun, 29 May 2016 15:04:56 -0500, Muggles

You are getting silly now. Smoking related "diseases" are not caused by a virus or bacteria that you can transmit to others. They are physical damage caused by massive amounts of smoke. (not just a whiff now and then)
On 30/05/2016 04:26, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Ok, this lady is an example of what I am talking about:
This 122 Year Old Woman Has The Most Important Secret To A Life Of ... www.collective-evolution.com/.../this-122-year-old-woman-has-the-most-important-s...
The oldest documented person that ever lived was a French woman named Jeanne Calment who made it to 122 years, 164 days on this earth.
What was her secret? According to French researcher Jean-Marie Robine, “She never did anything special to stay in good health.”
Jeanne Calment smoked cigarettes (started at age 21), drank port wine and ate a couple of pounds of chocolate sweets a week until she was 119 years old.
--
Bod

On 5/30/2016 2:43 AM, Bod wrote:

Some will ask, if she did not smoke would she have lived to 135? Or 75?

.

-important-s...

,

19

5?
I'd bet on 122.
-- "You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me." - U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
On 05/28/2016 05:01 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
[snip]

It's understandable that you wish the world were simpler. That becomes a problem when you refuse to accept that reality ISN'T cooperating.
I'm well aware that there's more to life than your cigarette, and the dangerous particles it's emitting. And I'm not talking about you smoking on your own property (and keeping that junk CONFINED to your property), but in public where it IS interfering with the rights of others.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Only if the others stay where they are and voluntarily inhale it. I'm not handcuffing you to the railings and blowing it in your face.
--
I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice
On 05/28/2016 06:36 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
[snip]

It's perfectly fine for me to set off a bomb in a crowded theater. It's YOUR fault for not getting out of the way of the explosion :-)
Also, BREATHING is not voluntary.

Creating a ridiculous analogy won't help your argument. A bomb will kill you instantly, and you don't get a warning. If you shouted "I'm going to set a bomb off", I'd get out of the way, then you'd only be liable to damage to the property, not me. Cigarette smoke gives you a warning, you see someone smoking, you choose not to go near them, and you don't need to get as far away as a bomb either. Even if you inhale a few breaths, it's not going to harm you. You have plenty time to move.

Where you breathe is.
--
I imposed a declaration in opposition to your motion to modify the preliminary injunction in support of the cross motion to vacate the preliminary injunction. So noted by the Federal Court of Justice proceeding preliminary declaration.

Mark Lloyd wrote:

You mean like you driving by me walking down the street and me having to breathe in the crud your car is spitting out?
Sun, 29 May 2016 16:26:38 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Hi Jenn.
I see it hasn't taken you long to do the same old stuff you were so well known for doing in another newsgroup. Have you been playing the poor me card here, often?