Where should smoking be illegal?

Since I quit, never has a cigarette touched my lips for just that reason. Forty years later I would still not try it.

And I thought my will power was shit.
--
Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?

extreme reactions to second hand cigarrette smoke. If I was a smoker I'd quite litterally be dead.

Then you're a freak, most people don't have reactions to a bit of smoke.
--
His wife had been killed in an accident and the police were questioning Finnegan.
"Did she say anything before she died?" asked the sergeant.
On 5/30/2016 4:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Do you react to third hand cigarette smoke, too?
--
Maggie

Does that involve something kinky?
--
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that person considered a hostage situation?

How do you know it's due to that?
--
Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
On Tue, 31 May 2016 06:52:18 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

I'm interested in your story about getting a faceful of pepper spray.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

On Tue, 31 May 2016 19:15:32 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

I think it depends more on how quickly one needs to 'neutralize' the threat. I've never had the pleasure of real weapon grade pepper spray. I expect that food-grade (hot sauce) is much milder, but I have noted that it takes a few seconds to take effect.
If your attacker is using a knife, he will probably be able to get close enough to be a danger before losing his vision or mobility due to pepper spray.
Also, I'm not convinced it would really stop a charging bear before it gets close enough start thrashing. (That's the only 'legal' reason for civilians to buy pepper spray around here.)
Wed, 01 Jun 2016 02:15:32 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

you mean the lead bullets are safe for you to touch/be around? I'm surprised considering how sensitive you are to things in the environment. When you did perform service work, were you driving a super energy efficient hybrid vehicle, or outright electric one? Or, were you driving a work van that pumps out piles of toxic material into the environment as long as the engine is running?
Did you ever use a drive thru? I'm sure the employees really appreciated the flooding of exhaust fumes from your vehicle into their 'non smoker friendly' environment. Yes sir, I'd much rather inhale large doses of petro byproducts, and dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, but don't you dare force me to inhale a 'whiff' of somebodys cigarette. :)
I find the smell of a 2stroke engine to be a bit annoying. We should outlaw them, entirely. They do more harm to the environment and my lungs than any cigarette ever thought about doing. I'd also like to go ahead and ban charcoal, wood burning stoves.. As, again, they emit toxic fumes that shouldn't be allowed in any public space; as it would 'offend me'. Depending on what your grilling, I might even want to throw up. Move your grill someplace else, it's in a public space and I've got the right! not to have to smell what you're cooking. I don't care if we're both in a campground; your grill offends my nose and chokes me up. So, you can't use it.
I get sick to my stomache if I see a needle on tv. TV shows *because it makes me sick!* shouldn't be allowed to show needles injecting people or drawing blood. Much more so if said tv is in a public space. No, you can't ask me to change the channel or go elsewhere as that's not fair to me. You *will not* show injections while I'm present, instead.
Do you need any more examples of outrageously stupid demands for the 'public' space or have I made my point? Second hand cig smoke at best, might? possibly be, harmful for you, if you've been exposed to it in a very confined area, for YEARS upon YEARS upon YEARS. A whiff here and there is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to do you any actual harm. Perceived harm isn't the same thing, you realize.
I'm doing my best to emulate Muggles as I work through some assinine requests that can only possibly benefit me, but, certainly inconvenience you. I've got one more.. <G>
Btw, Thanks to the super duper AC present in the hospital, it's causing me to feel cold. So, while I'm in a public space with you, I want the temperature increased to a level I find comfortable. If YOU don't like it, go find a freezer. You don't have the right in a public space to force me to be chilly just because you're a fat bastard who can't stay cool during the summer without the AC unit. I have the right to be comfortable, fuck your rights. It's a public space, after all.
Wed,

oi.. was I too subtle?

Really? I was making some comparisons to the sillyness with 'non smoking zones' compared to various things in the environment that have already been proven to be far more harmful. And, those tests weren't relying on any junk pseudo science, either. Unlike the present theories accepted as fact prematurely making various claims concerning the danger of second hand smoke. I believe that danger is inflated.
I thought for sure the second paragraph made it plainly obvious and nearly killed the sarcastic spin aspect in the process.
I'm not claiming that second hand smoke is completely harmless, but, realistically speaking, you're inhaling dangerous chemicals on a daily basis whether or not you smoke. Some of those chemicals we do know, for an absolute fact, are not good for you to be inhaling, even in small doses.

Yip, so stop moaning about little cigarettes you can walk away from.
--
Peter is listening to Eric Clapton - Layla

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 12:38:53 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

SO ACCEPT SMOKERS BEING REGULATED TO NON EXISTENCE
bob haller wrote:

Hey, Bobby Boy, I'll save my cigarette butts for you. After you field strip them you can PUT THEM IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Don't put cigarette butts in the john, it makes them soggy and difficult to light.

Please try to make your sentence have some relation to what you're replying to.

What gives you the right to tell others what they can do to THEIR OWN children?
On 06/05/2016 01:15 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
[snip]

What gives you the right to poison YOUR children? You don't OWN them.

I created them. Only I can make decisions on their behalf until they are old enough to do so themselves. I don't tell others how to bring up theirs.