Where should smoking be illegal?

Page 15 of 16
On Mon, 30 May 2016 11:26:30 -0500, Muggles

We are not discriminating, they are welcome to come in if they want but they should be aware of the hazard. It is like sitting at the seats just above the glass at a hockey game. You see the game better but you might get a puck in your teeth

So, you're now agreeing that a smoke filled environment is a hazard to people's health?
--
Maggie

On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:08:23 -0500, Muggles

Not really but if you think it is so, you are warned.

Why would you need to warn anyone of a hazard if something wasn't hazardous?
--
Maggie

Sun, 29 May 2016 15:08:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

That's your way of writing that you don't actually have enough knowledge of the subject to support the position you're taking on it.

Please provide some scientific studies to support what you're now stating as a fact. I'm not convinced that these health issues are directly related to 2nd hand smoke vs something else they were exposed to.

Are you having difficulty remaining on topic here?

Speaking of real, actual, health hazards.. Have you stopped driving while talking on your cell phone yet? Or, do you still think that using a hands free device makes you a safer cell phone using driver?
On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:57:37 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Yes and like Gfre, I say that a whiff of smoke from a smoker who's ten feet away, isn't going to kill me. Nor will you be killed by a cigar dinner in a private room at a restaurant that you don't go to, but in many places, that's banned too.
On 5/29/2016 10:27 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Since WHEN is their ONLY one whiff of secondhand smoke??
--
Maggie

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 11:44:04 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

When you're walking into a building is a good example. How did that become an issue? Well the anti-smoking zealots first banned smoking inside buildings. So, smokers go outside and stand near the entrance. So, next the zealots claim that just walking by there, catching a brief whiff is intolerable. So, they passed another law making smokers stand 25 or 50 ft away. Then, that wasn't good enough, so in some cases, they passed laws preventing you from smoking anywhere on a property. That's what the lib zealots do. They won't be satisfied until everyone lives the way they insist they must live. Then, they are already starting on how much fat you can eat, what size soda you can buy. Maybe that's your America, it's not mine.
On 5/29/2016 10:59 AM, trader_4 wrote:

It stinks, makes me physically ill, causes me breathing problems for hours after I have one whiff, and I can't hold my breath long enough to pass a smoker to ONLY get just one whiff. More than one whiff makes me even sicker.

I'm not a liberal - I'm a conservative, and it's a good idea to limit secondhand smoke.
--
Maggie

On Sun, 29 May 2016 11:16:36 -0500, Muggles

You are the same kind of "conservative" who wants to impose your morality on everyone else. That word has lost its meaning and become the same big government fascism we used to ascribe to liberals. The only difference is which rights you want to erode.
Your "sickness" is more learned behavior than fact ... unless that charcoal grill and fireplace down the street also makes you sick. The actual chemicals are virtually the same.

Limiting secondhand smoke has nothing morality issues - it has to do with health issues.

Me telling you that I get sick when exposed to secondhand smoke should be enough for you to accept that I "get sick". It's a physical illness, not a learned behavior.

--
Maggie

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 11:20:32 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Notice the word "puff"? They aren't talking about a whiff of a cigarette from 10 ft away.
4 Smoking causes a chronic (or long term)

Notice the word "smoking"? They aren't talking about a whiff of a cigarette from 10 ft away.
It induces chronic irritation of the respiratory lining and

Typical blather from zealots. There is all kinds of junk science out there, where the desperate zealots try to shove their BS down your throat. Brief secondhand smoke can cause heart disease? OMG, who would actually believe that crap? I get one whiff from a cigarette and I have heart disease?
On 29/05/2016 16:23, trader_4 wrote:

--
Bod

On 5/29/2016 10:29 AM, Bod wrote:

lol What about all the other people, men here, who have already said in one way or another similar things before I ever joined this discussion?
Are they drama kings?? hahaha!
--
Maggie

On 29/05/2016 16:46, Muggles wrote:

--
Bod

On 5/29/2016 11:03 AM, Bod wrote:

Are you prejudiced against women and call them drama queens? Why do you differentiate between men with the same objections to secondhand smoke and only single me out as a women calling me a drama queen?? :)
--
Maggie

On 29/05/2016 17:21, Muggles wrote:

--
Bod

On 5/29/2016 11:24 AM, Bod wrote:

So you're just prejudiced against women then?
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting there. Against SOME women at least.