Where is my water shutoff?

Page 2 of 2
No wrote: ..

Where I live everything from their shutoff in is mine problem.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 02:32:32 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

It was the same when I lived and worked in the city. Their street shutoff was where their job ended, EXCEPT the meter itself. If the pipe between the street shutoff started to leak, the homeowner had to pay a plumber to replace it (or start digging themselves). It all depends on where a person lives.
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:31:15 -0800, bryanska wrote:

I called the water company Friday night to have them shut off the main at the street. Seems the 2 shut off valves (on each side of the meter) didn't really shut the water off. I found that out after I cut the feeds for a basement shower. I had to call the wife and ask her who the water company was then call them, all while I collected the water with 2 dog bowls and a bucket.
The feed is usually in front of your home between the sidewalk and curb or in the street. The water company should be the one who turns it off, it's their property. The turn off was about 2 feet underground. I just noticed that the wood is cover the hole he dug, I think he's coming back to put an extender on the valve to raise it to ground level.
So now I have 2 new valves at the meter and 2 ball valves to shut the water off for the downstairs bathroom.
mike urig wrote: ...

Good move. (no pun intended)
--
Joseph Meehan