Where get cheapest methylated spirits?

Not in washers - glycol smears like crazy. It used to be used, but not for a couple of decades.

Radiator coolant is a glycol. Either ethylene glycol in the cheap stuff, or propylene glycol in the non-poisonous sort.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The message from raden contains these words:

No, you don't want to put glycol in washers, it's not good for paintwork.

Reply to
Guy King

In fact, routed through Wilkinsons today and it is in fact £1.19 for 500mL. Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

I thought it was isopropyl mainly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is what monkeys are after when you see them sucking on the washer nozzles in safari parks. The drivers usualy oblige with a squirt.

Reply to
basil

Shows how littel I know about it doesn't it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

want

Reply to
tby

What ever, it isn't glycol which is the point. I'm not going out to the garage to look at my container to see what particular alcohol it has in it...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Actually its about the cheapest way to buy ispopropyl alcohol, which is one of the nicest cleaners aroudn - very unaggressive -for cleaning PC keytboards and screens etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have just bought the very same from a fibreglass vendor, CFS. Telephone

01209 821028. I have purchased polyester resin too and I have never used such high quality resin. It flows and wets incredibly well, dries in a sensible time and isn't sticky when cured. The service and prices are also excellent in my opinion.
Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I thought you used Ether for refining cocaine.

Reply to
Another Dave

Most French supermarkets have it in one litre bottles.

Reply to
4square

Worth posting this question on this site as they are all wood workers.

robkgraham

In message ,

4square writes

Vin de table ?

Reply to
raden

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not French.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

: In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit : having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or : something?

Glass fibre suppliers.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

It's happened in both France and Italy too AFAIK

Reply to
raden