Where get cheapest methylated spirits?

Page 3 of 3

Vin de table ?
--
geoff

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 01:26:50 GMT, raden wrote:

Thought that was glycol again... Oh that was Austrian wasn't it? Not French.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
: In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit : having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or : something?
Glass fibre suppliers.
Ian

It's happened in both France and Italy too AFAIK
--
geoff

Not in washers - glycol smears like crazy. It used to be used, but not for a couple of decades.
Radiator coolant is a glycol. Either ethylene glycol in the cheap stuff, or propylene glycol in the non-poisonous sort.

No, you don't want to put glycol in washers, it's not good for paintwork.
--
Skipweasel.
In the beginning was the word.

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/b/BIRMETHS / If you buy 5 litres it is £10.89 so thats £1.09 per 500ml but there will be delivery costs on top unfortunately... http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/h/HELPDEL / so your only slightly better off.. Stuart
Bill Woods wrote:

In teh sasme veind, anyine know where to get 5l of ACETONE withouit having to prove I am a vicar or definitely NOT refiniong cociane or something?

hairdressers' / beauty salons' wholesaler?

It appears that what he's on is having the desired effect ...
Mary

Mark W wrote:

Nope. They tend to use 250mol bottles ONLY.
Philosopher" snipped-for-privacy@b.c says...

http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/Pricelist.htm or similar?
Rob Morley wrote:

MAGIC!!!
I buy my Meths at Wilkinsons (Wilko), and if memory serves me well, it was 0.99 for 500mL.
Paul R

In fact, routed through Wilkinsons today and it is in fact 1.19 for 500mL. Paul R

Anyone got a source for undyed meths without the pyridine ? I'm using it as a solvent for shellac in french polishing. I can live with the methanol, but the stench of pyridine is horrible.
Price not really an issue !
At the moment I'm using pure (sic) ethanol, which is a royal pain to get hold of.
Dingley" snipped-for-privacy@codesmiths.com says...

Distill your own?