Where do you get replacement leaf baggers for your yard blower/vacuum

Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL zipper?

My 2-stroke Echo yard blower/vacuum came with a leaf bag that has too short of a nylon zipper which was a pain to use even when new.

The zipper didn't even open the whole bag so it was difficult to empty. When that nylon zipper broke (it wouldn't zip anymore), I replaced the bag with a Yardman electric bag because I gave up on the electric blower/vacuum.

Now the Yardman bag won't zip due to the nylon zipper being all destroyed. This is only after about 8 months of use.

What do you use for your leaf blower/vacuum bag? Does YOUR nylon zipper break too?

Where can I get a bag that will have a stronger longer zipper? Any ideas?

Reply to
Bill Horn

Lubing the zipper by rubbing it with wax (a candle?) might make them last longer.

I like the way the bag works on my old snapper mower. Stiffeners make it fold up[ quickly, then slide on a tubular plastic "closer"

Reply to
Bob F

Did you dirty your baq?

Dirty bags will wear zippers. Wash bag after every use and stay away from dirt and sticks that can harm bag.

Then the bag won't not wear and last forever!

Reply to
Orak Listalavostok

We've had a suitcase with nylon zipper break. Though it's not a vac/blower bag, the though would be similar. In our case, a local shoe repair shop furnished and sewed in a metallic zipper to replace the broken nylon one. You might try calling shoe repair shops and asking about the zipper replacement.

Nonny

Reply to
Nonny

If you have a failed bag to steal the tube end from, your local tent/awning company can whip you up whatever you want. Or maybe they can re-zipper a brand new bag for you, with their big industrial sewing machine. You don't want bare steel- it will rust. Something plated, and you will need to keep it waxed, just like the metal zipper on a military winter parka.

I tried the vacum bag setup that came with my Toro electric blower. Even when brand new, it was useless, and would only pick up 2-3 leaves at a time. Faster to pick them up by hand. Only keeping it to include with the blower when I have my 'moving away' yard sale, since I doubt the blower will be worth shipping by then. (Not bad for an electric blower- I even use it to clear dry powdery snow if it isn't too deep.)

Reply to
aemeijers