Where do I buy toe nails?

I'm putting up a wall in the house to make a closet. I could not figure out how to nail the 2x4 placed on the floor into the studs. A friend came over who has built a lot of stuff, and he said I need to toe nail the studs to the bottom 2x4, and said they go on an angle in the side of the 2x4.

So today I went to Home Depot, Ace Hardware, True Value, and Walmart. No body sells toe nails. All they have are standard nails that are meant to go in straight. I need nails that go on an angle. Where do I buy toe nails?

Bob

Reply to
bobbarry

In a pinch you can left handed nails.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Metric or SAE?

Reply to
Sanity

I am not sure but ask your wife if there is a salon in the mall nearby that sells finger nails. If so, they may have some lying around somewhere.

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

What you don't want to have is nails with heads on the wrong end.

Some nails only work on the east side of a house.

Reply to
Oren

Hmmm, I thought toe nail is a technique how to drive a nail. You frame a wall on the floor and erect it, isn't it possible for space constraint?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'm pretty sure they carry a couple of boxes of them on toe trucks.

Reply to
George

snipped-for-privacy@notaol.com wrote in news:t3deq4d6u523mgpo0prbfvc9fmpt7jqffg@

4ax.com:

They are idiots at Home Depot! They all have them. Just like you clip your toenails on your feet, toe nails are nothing more than regular common nails that have been clipped. Go where the air nailers are. There will be boxes of clipped head nails, aka toe nails.

Don't forget to go over to the hand tool dept and get a toe nail hammer. If they say they don't have such a thing then ask them why the hell they sell toe nails.

Reply to
Red Green

On 2/26/2009 4:42 PM snipped-for-privacy@notaol.com spake thus:

Anyone who works on houses knows that toe nails are only used on special door jambs, known as ... toe jambs.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

You don't buy them. You grow them.

Start now.

Reply to
mm

Perhaps your local podiatrist (foot doctor) can write you a Rx for some ??

or here maybe

and don't forget to paint them !!

Reply to
Reed

Hook, line and sinker, Tony?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Give him a few bucks and he'll save some for you.

Reply to
mm

Just don't get left-handed nails near dehydrated water - that stuff corrodes them faster than anything I know...

Reply to
Kyle

That's why I don't use dehydrated water. I use condensed water. It takes up a little more space, but it's pretty much non-reactive.

Reply to
mm

Why would water that's condensed take up *more* space?????

Reply to
Joe

Your friend is crazy. Everyone knows that if you try to toe nail a stud in position, it will slide all over the place before the nail goes in and you'll never get it plumb.

sheesh, the things you gotta tell people.....

Reply to
Joe

"No body sells toe nails"??? Why don't you try asking someone who isn't already dead?

oh....... you meant "Nobody".... My mistake... good luck finding your toe nails.

By the way, toe nail isn't a nail, it's a technique. Here's how it works.

Cut your framing stud slightly over length and slide/hammer it into place.

Begin toenailing the bottom of the stud. It *will* move on you before you sink the nail.

to get it back into position, kick it, preferably with your big toe. This is where the term toenail comes from. you gotta nail / toe / nail / toe constantly until the get the friggin things nailed in (the studs, not your toes)

Last step, go ice your toe (or call a toe truck)

hth,

Reply to
Joe

Since someone actually put a more or less straight answer in here take a look at this:

Lou

Reply to
LouB

"Joe" wrote in news:xgQql.394$cW.11 @newsreading01.news.tds.net:

I think he means condensed water takes more space than dehydrated water. Of course condensed water takes less space than regular water. Everyone should know that.

Reply to
GoHabsGo