Where do all the electrons go?

Page 2 of 2

The parts of the non-electron part are all the same between atoms, too. ;-)
Depending on the material, it can move (i.e. some materials move more than others). As someone here noted, this process is called "electromigration".
pvs_industries@yaho_o.com wrote:

The electrons don't actually go anywhere with AC. An explanation here: http://tinyurl.com/2cowye9

Imagine the electrons are like a bunch of marbles in a row, touching each other when you push one at one end, the others in the line all move.
It's almost like moving a book, for example. You push on the left side and when it moves, the right side moves too. The impulse is transmitted at the speed of light, maybe.
So the electron doesn't have to move far to make the other electron miles away move too.

<It is because all electrons are the same. Some electrons drift about randomly all the time, especially in conducting materials. An "electric current" is a drift of electrons caused by "electro-motive force" also known as voltage. The voltage moves at the speed of light, though the electrons move much slower. And no-one can tell you what this electro-motive force (voltage) is. Because no-one knows.>
The same is true of gravity and magnetism. What is it about magnets that cause them to exert an invisible force that travels through space and pulls things towards other things? We have figured out exactly how much force is exerted, and a great deal more, but as for just how one piece of magnetic material can induce motion in another one still strikes me as a modern miracle. Same for gravity - why does stuff want to mate up with other stuff? Why do dust bunnies forms in clumps under the bed? (-:
I recall in college chem reading about an experiment where two pieces of gold and silver were polished until they were mirror smooth and flat, and then one was placed on top of the other. After just a short while, silver atoms had migrated into the block of gold and vice versa.
-- Bobby G.

It's funny. Scientifically, evolution is understood from top to bottom. We know almost everything about it. I don't think there is a scientific concept as well understood. But it is controversial.
Gravity, magnetism, and electricity. We can describe them and use them, but we don't understand them. Why aren't the school boards outraged about teaching them? They contradict the Bible, too. Joshua 10:13 Isaiah 38:8
As for dust bunnies, it's easy. God makes them.
-- Doug
On Sep 18, 8:27am, pvs_industries@yaho_o.com wrote:

The electrons that flow in your example are not from the wire, but from the power source. It is a very good question,I bet it would change any professors quick class on electron theory to "Stick with the Course or please leave the classroom" lol.
R.R.
Usenet/Internet Warning: Though the Infernal machine "PROTEUS" officially shut itself down at 2:02 AM (Mountain Time) several world wide web systems in undisclosed locations in the US and abroad still have bugs and unrecognized devices it cleverly installed that I still need to remove. I have confirmed the above and taken possession of it's now near dysfunctional com systems and am working on all the problematics it's demise has left us with with the a team of worldwide software and computer experts. Thank you. THE MANAGEMENT (there-at)