Where can I shop for construction equipment (i.e. cement mixer) [Vancouver area]?

As much as I hate to say it, my little Harbor Freight mixer (3.5 Cu Ft.) mixer has done me just fine so far. That said, I've run about 4 cy through it without problems. I paid about $189 (USD) for it. I figured if it only lasts for several yards, then it did what I wanted it to do. I don't plan to pour much more concrete (or set adobe blocks in my case). Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Mark and Kim Smith

Request info as per subject line. Specifically around Surrey/Langley area, but willing to travel anywhere in greater Vancouver if necessary. Mixing concrete in a wheelbarrow with a shovel is for the birds. And mixers cost too much to rent for a time period sufficient to cover for my haphazard work schedule. So I want to buy my own cement mixer, park it in the yard, beside my pile of aggregate, where it will be ready for me to use on a whim.

Home Depot has a couple models for sale (from $650-$850), but I want to comparison shop. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moiarty

"Ken Moiarty" wrote

Ken,

I've purchased a wet saw & a chain saw at rentals. I wanted the bigger more commercial type equipment without the expense of new, and rental places sell their equipment off about once a year. The rental places around here, do maintenance on their equipment when they come back, and have to make sure they're in good working order since it's a pretty competitive business.

I've since sold my chain saw for more than I paid for it.

You might want to look into that avenue.

Reply to
Steve

do they sell welding equipment also?

Ignoramus27279

Reply to
Darro

Has everything and more. THey are a store and online/ catalog dealer.

AW

Reply to
ANDY WIERSMA

Oh, he's not dead. I told him to hold up the trash can! He's a great help on the project!! You can see in the second photo, with him in it, that he is still doing a good job!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

So how did your dog die? ;-)

Reply to
clintonG

"Harbor Freight", hey?... Just brought up their Web site. Yes! Though their nearest store to me is across the border from here(yuck! customs' wait times, plus Cdn. duties and sales taxes, etc...) and at least an hour's drive away, their $189.99 (USD) mixer appears about just what I'm looking for. So unless somebody can recommend a similarly priced mixer being sold somewhere up here in the greater Vancouver area, I'll will likely be driving down to a Seattle area "Harbor Freight" store and purchasing this one. (Just hope the thing fits inside my tiny Colt hatchback. )

Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken Moiarty

Thanks. Their cement mixers are not quite within the very low price range (like the "Harbor Freight" model) that I want at this time, but this outlet will come in handy for other construction tools/equipment I will want to shop for in the future, I'm sure!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moiarty

"Ken Moiarty" wrote: "M> "Harbor Freight", hey?... Just brought up their Web site. Yes! Though "M> their nearest store to me is across the border from here(yuck! customs' wa "M> times, plus Cdn. duties and sales taxes, etc...) and at least an hour's "M> drive away, their $189.99 (USD) mixer appears about just what I'm looking "M> for. So unless somebody can recommend a similarly priced mixer being sold "M> somewhere up here in the greater Vancouver area, I'll will likely be drivi "M> down to a Seattle area "Harbor Freight" store and purchasing this one. "M> (Just hope the thing fits inside my tiny Colt hatchback. )

Two words: U-Haul trailer! *G*

Because I care,

Reply to
gapope

That's the one I've been using. Model 31979 I believe. So far so good. Too bad you aren't closer, I intend to sell it when done with this project as I really don't have a need for it afterwards. As for the box, IIRC, it's around 3ft long, 2ft. wide, and maybe 18" high. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Picked it up Monday. Fit in my Colt tight, but fine! BTW, was a poor choice of days for me to cross the border, though. Local Canadian stat. holiday... 90 minute line-ups south-bound on the main routes. I decided I'd allow a few more miles onto the trip by going to an-out-of-the-way crossing, where I was able to cut my wait time down to about 20 minutes. But this added an extra 30 minutes of driving and so wasn't really worth it. And then the I-5 was packed solid -with local WA plates, mind you; not us Canadians. (Maybe all those fellow Canadians entering were to be found somewhere up ahead of me, causing traffic to buildup by using both available freeway lanes as "slow lanes", like we tend to do at home . Sorry. Just a local gripe of mine. A few other Vancouverites will understand...). But hey, I got my cement mixer! :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Moiarty

Go buy a copy of the Buy N Sell at your local gas station/ 7-11

Reply to
Rudy