Where can I get a good chimney sweeping brush?

Hi there I have a tiles chimney with around a 13" square channel, and I want to clean it myself. Where can I get a decent brush, and should it be square or round? I'm in NJ, but I can order it online if I get a good recommendation.

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
deanbrown3d

Great! Thanks very much. I'll measure up and order one.

Dean

Reply to
deanbrown3d

Do a search for Worcester Brush. Any good hardware store should have them. Certainly a wood stove dealer should. Or try Aubuchon Hardware on line.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You need a square brush, preferably for a 13" channel. It should be just slightly larger than

13" square. Don't forget poles. Standard ones are solid fiberglass with a diameter of about 5/16" and are kind of flimsy. I made my own cheaply out of 1" diameter pvc pipe which is sturdier and much easier to handle. 5' or 6' lengths are convenient. Just glue on standard male and female pipe fitting, and you'll need a metal reducer for the brush to screw into.
Reply to
George E. Cawthon

George - now THAT is a good idea! Thanks:)

Reply to
deanbrown3d