Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

I have had no problems with the Malibu Metal low voltage series for 18 months now. Cast aluminum construction seems to hold up just fine.

Reply to
Robert Neville

If you must know, I wasn't looking to buy patio lights, but I was passing through the aisles where they were displayed. I was in both stores that day and they are within sight of each other..

You don't remember the name of the plant that you planted on your property, and you criticized my memory?

Reply to
willshak

I never said I planted it, was there when I moved here. I've seen that plant at a local nursery but don't remember the name, of the plant, I know the name of the nursery. The original owner had little copper tags by many of the plants, that one is missing or may never have been. That plant could have been planted shortly after that deck was built, some twenty six years ago, not six days ago. Btw, I've been separating and planting pieces in unprotected areas, so far the deer and rabbits don't eat it.

This is the solar lamp I bought from Lowe's on 11/11/03, still works perfectly. I paid $35 for a set of two. I wouldn't coat the solar panels with anything as it may act like a sun screen one applies against sunburn, blocking the rays that recharge the batteries... I'd think modern auto waxes do contain a sunscreen to protect paint finishes.... clearly says any modification voids the warranty. It's very easy to replace the batteries, so far I'm still using the original batteries. Don't buy any B & D cordless vacuum, costs as much to change the battery pack as to buy a new unit.

Malibu makes cheaper (plastic) solar lights too, they also make low voltage lights, but these are made very substantially of cast aluminum and beautifully finished, I got the ones with the pewter finish:

When I bought them it was simply an impulse purchase, I did no research, they just looked nice and the price was right. Initially I wanted solar lights for markers at the foot of my driveway but soon realized it wouldn't be such a good idea as anyone passing could make off with them, so I put them in back at my deck.

Reply to
brooklyn1

hey, all sarcasim aside, I just mentioned that for whatever it might be worth to someone else reading this thread later. I looked at my timer box, and it looks like they are malibu lights

cheap, yes, from the borg, yes, what you were asking about, no. but, like I said, just my 2 cents.

Zephyr

Those are lupines, a really nice perennial. No idea what variety, but yours are lovely!

Reply to
KLS

Thank you very much. I will write that in my gardening book.

Reply to
brooklyn1

on 6/9/2009 10:47 AM (ET) brooklyn1 wrote the following:

I never said I buffed and coated the panels 'out of the box'. The buffing and coating was done after they clouded over, as an experiment, like buffing plastic headlights when they cloud up, to see if they would regain their operation. They did for a while.

willshak

Your needs divulged, the subject line is inappropriate referring to your needs.

Reply to
Dioclese

Now if the OP had just been a Monty Python fan...

Reply to
PeterD