When to clean kerosene heater?

Last winter I purchased a brand new Dyna-Glo Kerosene heater from Walmart. It heats 1,000 square feet. It worked wonderfully well.:) I used it approximately 2 to 4 times a week.

It stayed in the corner over the summer and was not used (although, given how cool the sumer was, a few nights, I almost used it...hence it being left inside and ready for use) I fired it up the other night and it started with no problems.

I'm wondering if it needs to be cleaned in any way? How can I know if the efficiency has dropped? the wick burns, just wondering if it needs to be cleaned in some way?

Reply to
mark

Hi,

I've had two kerosene heaters around for more than 30 years. I've never cleaned them and they always work. I store them when not in use with a plastic bag over them. I wouldn't know what you would clean in them anyway. Don't touch the wicks in any way.

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13) ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz

Reply to
RMD

- make sure that there is no debris in the bottom of the fuel seat where you drop the tank.

- when not in use i remove the tank, give the unit a quick vaccuming with a soft brush attatchment and cover in plastic.

Reply to
Fogbank