When is your pH Low enough to get a Calcite Filter?

we had our pH tested in our Well water twice and once it was 6.6 ands the other was 6.8.
Should I be concerned with the lower then 'normal' pH? We had a filter guy come out and recommend a Calcite filter, though after talking to some friends at the office they didn't seem to think that the 6.6-6.8 were low enough to justify the benefit from it.
Suggestions?
Thanks, Scott<-

Not terribly bad http://www.water-research.net/ph.htm
Thanks. Just the info I was looking for...
There are just too many options for water filtration!
Thanks again, Scott<

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:59:04 +1200, "Telstra"

Is you water pipe copper? If so, how old is it?
The 6.8 is not terribly low (acedic), but over a long period of time it will desolve your copper. You might want to check the remaining wall thickness of your copper.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.