When ever having a new A/C installed

When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are installed and it doesnt take a whole lot more labor to do this. The previous post of Okay, more questions partaining to A/C evaporator coils and condensation drip lines... is why it should be done.

Ive never seen one done like that wher the coil is raised up, but pre cutting in a few panels that can be removed on different sides would help with many issues of maintenance. I put in my unit a removable panel but was worried I would hit the coil cutting it out.
Hmm. From what I've read of your posts over the years. I'd be worried, too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Molly Brown wrote:

evaporator. I couldn't find any access panels.
A 4' duct 11" deep runs from the furnace along joists in the basement. Then there's a short section where the depth drops to 22" to match the evaporator. If I remove the insulation I hope I'll be able to unscrew that section and slide it back along the duct.