When ever having a new A/C installed

When ever having a new A/C installed make sure that the installer leaves a space between the evaporator and the blower unit and that he installs an access door there. That is how commercial units are installed and it doesn=92t take a whole lot more labor to do this. The previous post of =93Okay, more questions partaining to A/C evaporator coils and condensation drip lines... =93 is why it should be done.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Ive never seen one done like that wher the coil is raised up, but pre cutting in a few panels that can be removed on different sides would help with many issues of maintenance. I put in my unit a removable panel but was worried I would hit the coil cutting it out.

Reply to
ransley

Actually, in the years I've been servicing AC units. I can't say as I've ever seen that on commercial or residential.

Please be kind enough to take pictures of five or six units which are done that way, and upload the pictures to a photo hosting site so I can see what you mean.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hmm. From what I've read of your posts over the years. I'd be worried, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Mine was installed 25 years ago. I think it's time to clean the evaporator. I couldn't find any access panels.

A 4' duct 11" deep runs from the furnace along joists in the basement. Then there's a short section where the depth drops to 22" to match the evaporator. If I remove the insulation I hope I'll be able to unscrew that section and slide it back along the duct.

Reply to
J Burns