when do I need to use a dehumidifier?

I'm wondering if I need a dehumidifier in the basement of my new house. It smells a little damp but there is no moisture on the walls or floor. I don't want anything to get moldy though. I read that mold cannot grow below 62% humidity. It was 37% humidity today in the Northeast. I'm just wondering if I need to buy one right away since the summer is almost over and the humidity is getting lower.

Reply to
joe54345

Check the humidity in the basement, digital units are best, if you smell something chances are its to humid, it doesnt matter what the outside humidity is.

Reply to
m Ransley