Wheely Tool carrier

I got one of these from HF: http://www.harborfreight.com/20-inch-rollaway-tool-bag-3264.html Used it a couple times, to transport tools from my van to a work location. Worked nicely. I really liked it. Much easier than carrying a tool box, materials, cordless drill, etc.
But.... yesterday I piled some tools in, and the bag dragged on the ground. Seems that the rigid floor of the bag had broken, and the bag was now limp and dragging, instead of rigid and rolling on the (rather tiny) wheels.
I know it's impossible to get good, and cheap, both. But what is a reasonably priced way to move tools from the van into a store? Something on wheels, with a handle I can use to pull the tools along.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

A little red wagon.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

A little red wagon.
--

dadiOH

I designed a whole system when I had my work truck. It got rear-ended, so I took the box off. I made a flatbed, I beam supports, overhead rack to work on top for carports, and an I beam for loading and unloading a work cart.
On that work cart was a 16hp Lincoln welder, and on top of that a expanded metal tray, and some hangers for cords, etc. I had a Dayton lift with Dayton I beam dolly.
We'd roll up, unstrap, take the rolling cart off, toss clamps, drills, grinder, etc, in the tray, throw on a cord, and take off to an interior pool to do some fence or gate repair. I had it in an elevator many many times.
Time is money, and when you are hassling with your tools, you ain't working.
So, tell me, Mormie, how did that cheap bag work out? Got what you paid for, eh?
Steve
On 5/5/2012 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It happens with age :-)
Yes, it goes along with my grey hair, bifocals, missing teeth, and got to pee every hour.
wrote in message

It happens with age :-)

Could you put in your own beefed up floor... like maybe from a piece of 3/8" plywood or some such?
Erik
I'm going to check on that, Monday. Might be able to. Other than the flimsy floor, the rest of the bag is in fairly good shape.
Could you put in your own beefed up floor... like maybe from a piece of 3/8" plywood or some such?
Erik

Heh,a "tool user" who would rather throw away his "broke" tool bag than improve it with a stronger floorboard. Kinda ironic.
a 1/4" plywood thickness would probably suffice. You can get a small piece from a craft or hobby store.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 5/5/12 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Maybe with a little modification. > http://tinyurl.com/6woffmk ???????

On Sat, 05 May 2012 23:13:09 -0500, Dean Hoffman

On 5/5/12 5:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

This maybe: http://tinyurl.com/7zbd56a