Wheelbarrow Tire Pressure

I have an old wheelbarrow with an inflatable tube tire. I have repaired a hole in it but need to know what the air pressure should be when I fill it. There is a label on the wheel rim that I believe gives the pressure, but the numbers are obscured. Any ideas?
On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:44:38 -0400, Ultraglide

Mine is 50
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi, Ditto on mine. Tony

Years old or PSI?
Steve
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:17:56 -0700, "SteveB"

Mine is 51 and 50.

Until it is firm. Not hard when you squeeze the tire from the side walls.
SQLit wrote:

Yep. Most are only 15-20 psi.
Ultra,
Try 10-12 psi.
Dave M.
Ultraglide wrote:

Mine are rated at 50 PSI, but I usually keep about 70-80 PSI. It helps with cornering and braking. Plus you can get a hell of a bounce going when you are going down a set of steps. Watch out for those spontaneous decompressions, though. They can put an eye out.
;-)
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

I am glad you asked and didn't just go out there and do the wrong thing. So many things must be considered:
What will be the ambient temperature?
Will you be hauling heavy or light materials?
How fast will you be going?
What kind of ground will you be covering, rough or smooth?
Does the barometric pressure in your area vary greatly?
The proper care and maintenence of wheelbarrows requiress a high caliber spendy pressure gauge, storage in a temperature/humidity controlled environment, proper rotation, regular air changes, and regular inspections by a qualified expert.
But, if you are like the rest of us, you just put enough in it to make it easy to push.
HTH
Steve ;-)
Mine is 35. I know this because I have to fill the darn thing up every time I use it - it has a slow leak so I always have to drag out the compressor.

I don't have a clue, nor do I care. I fill it until it is hard enough to not sag when loaded. This is not like a finely tuned race car at 185 mph where a couple of pounds means losing control in the turns.

I can tell you don't take your wheelbarrow to the edges of its envelope ....................
Steve
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:23:55 +0000, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Speak for yourself. Some of us do indeed run high performance wheelbarrows, and losing control in a turn with a full load of compost onboard could be very ugly indeed.
I generally keep mine at 92.5 pounds (cold).
Linux Registered User #327951

time
Take it to a full-service tire store (one that also does farm-industrial tires) and pay them 20 bucks to put a new tube or whatever in it. I did that for a handtruck with leaky Chinese tubes in the tires, and it was worth the money to watch the <big> tire guy fighting with those tiny rims, jumping on them to set the beads, etc. I about bust a gut trying not to laugh. And it hasn't leaked down in 8 years.
aem sends...
I just put air in it when it looks low, until its solid. If it compresses too much with a load I know I need some air.

Whatever pressure makes the tire "look good" when fully loaded.
If yer hauling sawdust or garden debris, maybe 15 lbs. A big load of rocks in a 5 CF barrow, probably 40 YMMV