Wheelbarrow Question

Page 2 of 2
A cubic yard contains 27 cubic feet.
A large contractor type wheelbarrow holds 6 cubic feet.
When you dig up soil, there is a fluff factor - there is more soil volume because it is not densely packed.
Hope this helps, maybe better than some of the other answers.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:30:54 -0800, yard dude not wrote:

1 if it's big enough

Reminds me of old uncle Hank. Everyday he would leave the factory where he worked with a small tarp draped over his wheelbarrow. At the guard shack he would be stopped and the guard would pull back the tarp and find uncle Hanks toolbox and lunch pail. Nothing else, just the toolbox and lunch pail. Everyday for years it was the same routine. And everyday there was nothing in the wheelbarrow but the toolbox and the lunch pail. Uncle Hank was finally arrested and sent to prison. Seems he had stolen over 500 wheelbarrows.

Gee... I had an "Uncle Hank" too.
My "Uncle Hank" was a friend who worked in the maintenance department of a Fortune 100 company. He wore a jacket (with pockets) to work every day, regardless of the weather. I asked him why and the reason he gave was this: If I ever need to steal supplies for a project at home, it won't raise a flag if I show up wearing a jacket on a 90 degree day."
So basically this guy got dressed every morning conciously thinking about ripping the company off.