wheat straw has white growth, bad for new grass ?

i have some wheat straw i planed to cover a large patch of bare dirt that I prepped, spread new seed and starter fertilizer.
The wheat straw was very damp and had some white fuzzy growth in it ?? (mildew/mold/fungus) ??
Will this wheat straw white growth be bad/harmful cover for the grass seed ?
Thanks for any helpful replies,
robb
On 4/3/2011 5:41 PM, robb wrote:

no
"dpb" wrote in message
On 4/3/2011 5:41 PM, robb wrote:

no
-- Thanks dpb,
I got the wheat straw from H.D. Do you know what the powdery white fluffy stuff is ? It looks menacing ?
Does it matter what kind of seed or fertilizer i use ? I used scotts/rebel fescue - shade tolerant varieties + annual rye + scotts starter fertilizer
i know some seed says it has fungicide on the seed (ie. pennington) Thanks again for the reply. robb