Whatsit called? - no-growth groundcover mat

A few weeks ago, I saw something at a nursery that looked like some sort of synthetic mat that you could cut to fit a space and put it down outdoors to stop plant growth in a specific area. Now I'm trying to look it up, and I'm failing at Google. "no plant growth mat" "stop plant growth synthetic" "stop plant grow"
I give up. Anyone know what they're called?
TIA!
-- Jennifer

Landscaping fabric
Brian V wrote:

Or OP might be referring to one of those mulch mats made from ground up tires although most of those I've seen are round and meant to surround trees.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw wrote:

up
surround
This sounds like it might the stuff, or close to it, but what I saw was rectangular and folded like a blanket.
However, it looks like landscaping fabric will do exactly what I need, too.
Thanks!
-- Jennifer
Landscape fabric? Around here, at least. 36"X 50' rolls, usually a black color. RJ

Weed block?
hth,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

I've seen it, usually in signs or such where letter space is at a premium as "weed mat".