Whats the best gas 2 cycle weedeater

Whats the best 2 cycle gas weedater? I want a light weight. Also a quick start on startups. And a straightcut.
--
deb741
snipped-for-privacy@mylounge.com wrote:

Echo SRM-210 satisfies all of these.
--
Bo Williams - snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net
http://hiwaay.net/~williams /
Bo Williams wrote:

I have a Echo SRM-2200, and it has been working great for over 15 years. Seventeen years, I think.
I believe I replaced the sparkplug on it once.
The bump-feed string head on it works good too (.095 line.)
Bob

Desirable features to be sure-- but what will make/break your happiness with the machine is how reliably if feeds the string... and I've yet to find one that does that well!
Doc

That was actually something I'd been meaning to look into. I inherited a 2 cycle weed whacker, the string breaks constantly though and I have to keep stopping and manually feeding out more strings. ARRGHH!!!

Have you looked at those heads (Home Depot) that you just insert cut lengths of line in? I haven't tried one "yet" but the idea sure sounds better than fighting a spool. RM~

Forget about the string-feed trimmers. Get one of those gasoline-powered amputators with a skilsaw blade on the end.
Goedjn wrote:

I actually put a small lawnmower blade on my Echo trimmer. It looks wicked. It works great for cutting wet overgrown grass that would clog a lawnmower.
-Bob
snipped-for-privacy@mylounge.com wrote:

I would go for a 4 cycle, you may loose some on weight, but you will gain on easy starting. A good trade off for me. However I got so mad at the 2 cycles that I got a battery powered electric and I love it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Really? Is there even such a thing? (I'm too lazy to google it right now). I am just envisioning my lawnmower engine on the end of a trimmer shaft. Way too heavy. Plus, don't 4 cyl engines need to stay relatively horizontal? How would that work with a string trimmer?
OK - I did google it and found a surprising number of 4cyl options. 'Huh...wat do ya know'
snipped-for-privacy@mylounge.com wrote:

I bought a Stihl KM-110R its a kombi system. Basically you can interchange the extensions to 20+ different extensions (hedger, edger, broom, tines, trimmer, etc.)
I paid $329 US for the 4-mix engine and $109 for the trimmer, $159 edger. It works wonders.
I had a roybi 31cc multi function ($199 US) worked well but the stihl by far is superior..
Buy a higher end trimmer and be happy.. I have a friend that works in Florida for a landscaping business they use a rs-230 or so. They use a tri-blade and 12" saw blade. No Trees, Muss, or fuss. However it will drink fuel..
Stihl uses 1:50 mix, NGK Plugs.. Good stuff buy it from a dealer not from a HD/Lowes vendor...
I also have the Stihl, and it is a high quality tool--no problems.