Whatever happenned to HD's Home Expo?

Awl --
Yeah, I know they are gone, but goddamm, they were, imo, HD's only redemption -- somewhat of a treasure.
What happenned? Why?
Are there any other establishments effectively taking their place? "Home Expo" in google maps or sumpn yields many places called "home expo" in the NY metro area -- couple in Paramus NJ, a bunch in LI, mebbe one or two in the 5 boroughs.
A friend made out like a bandit in the sell-off, got a $5,000 granite countertop for $300, etc.
--
EA

Just more corporate fallout. The EXPO Centers were not performing well according to press releases. HD closed them, sold off their wholesale distribution system, froze all manager's salaries and chopped 7000 jobs.
--
Dennis

The only thing remotely similar is Great Indoors:
http://www.thegreatindoors.com /
I agree Home Expo was a great store especially if you were in the middle of constructing a new house.