What would you use

to seal a wood deck for the first time. Once the rain stops and my deck dries out I need to apply some sort of preservative. Thanks
P.S. I hear Thompson's is NOT the one to use.
Consumer Reports just rated them. Check it out at the library.

I like olympic clear,its an oil based product I'm in maine and have seen it last at least 3 yrs

Jr. wrote:

If money is not an option, use One Time Wood.
http://www.onetimewood.com /
You will pay out the whazoo, but it will only have to be done once every seven years.
good luck.

Consumer reports has ongoing tests of all stains, its worth subscribing online. Regular thompsons they stopped testing, I believe, because it was so bad. Cabots is always good